CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So heres the question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So heres the question!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its a simple solution, one unlimited single cyl. class , bike and rider must meet a minimun wieght, all parts run must be available to the general public, And what i mean is someone can order them today and get them in a couple of days not 6 months later. If you can't aford them step down a class till you can. Sometimes I think I would have been better off sinking my dollars into the girlfriend by now i'ld have one heck of a play toy!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i think that if it wernt for the guys that go out and bracket race every weekend this sport wouldnt be even close to what it has come today. i will admit being stuck in a big bore class with limited income is why mine 450 is a stock bore.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]Nothing wrong with a stock bore class, I think if properly set up class was out there the 450 would run right with the 650. It would give everyone that shows up at the event a chance to run . long as the entry fee is not to high. You could have 20 - 25 bikes in the class easy make for some good racing. then the big boys could run in the afternoon, just like NHRA

Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to disagree with ya there Ron. Manufacturers as Scott is looking for, will never support any highly modified anything. We are not talking car business here. Even on sleds the manufacturers payback the stock sled and improved stock class alot better than the mod and open. Simple, they still look and run like stock sleds. People see, people buy. Like the old phrase goes, win on sunday, sell on monday.

The only atv's in the world that will make a true impact on sponsorships and manufacturers are the ones closest to stock. The best class would be one of stock appearance, but anything in the engine can be done, pipe and intake. Stock carbs and cc's will remain. That is the best and most entered class in sleds. And one of the best contingency programs with manufacturers.

Look folks, this isnt brain science. Do some research. Check our the Haydays event for sleds. When people take this serious, thats what this could grow into.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I see what you mean assuming sand drags follow the sled model. Maybe it will go that direction. That sounds like more fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

I was thinking ATV sand drags would draw bigger money than just manufacturers. I was hoping for other companies like Red Bull, Budweiser, Crown Royal (lol Glenn), Pepsi, etc to also subsidize.

It will be interesting but I doubt these companies with bottomless pockets will keep their equipment such that joe blow has a chance of showing up with a home made build that embarrases them. Maybe so, though....

Old 07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Big Ray 800

[img][/img] ...... Sometimes I think I would have been better off sinking my dollars into the girlfriend by now i'ld have one heck of a play toy!</end quote></div>

And if you had done that, you would have all the fun of inflating her to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lmao

Hey Ray! I met you at Dumont in January. You seem like a heck of a guy (even if you do run a TVI, lol I was the good looking guy with the R1 Raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol

Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey it sure dont hurt to hope or wish. I just dont see that happening. Not enough people do this in comparison to draw the crowds. Plus if you look at the dollars spent on other sports......heck who am I kidding. Some of the names you mentioned sponsor Rodeo. You might get 5,000 folks at a average rodeo........heck I guess that really isnt too bad....how many people were at the last Dumont race? 200? That I guess would explain why they would.

On to other things, lol!

Starting small, I would say businesses like the builders first, all your aftermarket accessory companies, right on down, will be the first to come into play. But right now, builders are more interested in there own thing, let alone there customers. How many of them would give you a part, or atleast give it to you at cost, to help you win the next race? Not many.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Big Ray 800
Sometimes I think I would have been better off sinking my dollars into the girlfriend by now i'ld have one heck of a play toy!</end quote></div>

Come on now Ray, just be honest with yourself here. With all of the cash you have invested into that 800, if you just cruise the pits you would pull more slices of pie than Marie Callanders![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650VIPER

But right now, builders are more interested in there own thing, let alone there customers. How many of them would give you a part, or atleast give it to you at cost, to help you win the next race? Not many.</end quote></div>

That is it in a nutshell right there folks.........its gonna take the small companies who are already familiar with this sport to take the first step toward making this sport recognized by the bigger outfits.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Remember, there aren't many of these shops (if any) that actually make enough money to be able to give any parts away.

If you look at the margins involved, they would have to sell another 10 pistons just to make up for the one they gave away.

Not arguing with anyone, just adding this to it......Only 200 people at the last 4SCS challenge? Unless that changes, there will never be sponsors. Sponsors (including manufacturers) aren't going to waste their dollars until they know they will get some viewership. If they don't meet ratings goals....they will pull the plug on the money to.

There is no such thing as a "Racing Business" anywhere. Every racing business is actually an advertising company. And if it doesn't show their wares to a large number, there is no reason to spend a lot of money. I guarentee you that if losing races got the most advertising done.......all these sponsors would insist on their teams doing whatever it took to lose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol These aren't noble philanthropists who are bringing money to the sport to help us poor guys out! LOL

How many people attended planetsand this year? If any event can get attention.....that event is it.

Good discussion.

Quick Reply: So heres the question!