CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Adjusting CVT??

Old 12-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting CVT??

I originally found out from the dealer when i was going to order my dobeck and pipe, but confirmed this with someone i trusted who is really well known on here for his expertise on the DS. However, i stated to look up and confirm for i am not an expert but just stated that i opted not to and why.

All i know is that i put the uni filters and the hmf slip on set up on mine and the outty now truly is a beast. When the dealer put the updated programming in, the bike would stink up the garage with a fuel smell. The problem has been reduced to a bare minimum with the new set up. It will blow a bit of black when i rev the motor, but i still believe it is due to the new programming. I dont know if this confirms my previous post, but it seems to have worked for me.

Sorry i cannot be of more help on this but i would at least start a thread on needing it or not and i think you should get some good responses. I wanted the dobeck as well, but i am happier being able to spend the money saved on something else.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Adjusting CVT??

Thanks kawiyowee, thats pretty much what i was told, but didnt know how to repeat it...lol The new programming for the outty is one that was supposedly just released not too long ago. I have only had my outty for about 5 months so i know it cannot be any older then that. Although i have not had mine thru a winter yet, it does start rather easy.

Thanks for the help

Old 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Adjusting CVT??

If you had the dobeck then you don't need the dealer reflash and can tune accordingly. If you do mods in the future you will need one then anyway.Why would you have the dealer reflash to a map that is to rich then have to make it right by changing it again?

Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Default Adjusting CVT??

I have dynoed both without and with the new ecm program. The old set up is the best and you need the dobeck. You will make your best power this way.

The new flash update will do away with the need of the Dobeck and will run in the high 11's afr even with the open air filter and HMF or RW's. I can't even think how rich one would be with out any extra mods added. I lost 4 to 6hp because of this. But I guess you save the price of the Dobeck???

Sad thing is once you have the new up date you can't get the old one back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Adjusting CVT??

Thats really bad news because a dobeck or whatever will only add fuel, wont lean it out past stock. If the upgrade reflash makes it to rich sounds like i would stay away from that deal.