CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A big thank you from TPR

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A big thank you from TPR

I would also like to personally thank all of those that took the time to give me hell way back when I started here with my amazing literary ability and controversial style....you made TPR what I am today....but let's look and see what the results were....

I said that indeed it would be called: DS 450, not a stretch, but a call none the less.

I said it would be the most revolutionary quad on the market....nailed that one.

But the one I got the most flack for was saying it would be the lightest 450 on the market.....the general consensus was (Bombardier making a light sport quad?? Yeah right!!) Uhhh think that one is a slam dunk....

Not to mention calling the Rappy 700 before anyone had a clue, telling anyone that would listen the Kawi would be an alloy frame (they had 3 c-dales for testing) and even made mention of the 250-4 class taking shape (Suzuki is in the process)

I will digress however and say while I knew a big bore Honda was in the works, I didn's see the 700xx comming.....can't be right all the time!!!

The Phantom....is always looking toward the future.....Rider

Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO! Oh Hail! You and I went and wore the same ego today! Don't you hate it when that happens???

By the way......how do you like yours? Mine fits great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That Honda sure looks like a pooch....Does it not?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You are the Champion you always claimed to be.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

You are truly amazing.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tip my hat to you TPR... What else do you see coming in your crystal ball?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Want to go to Vegas TPR, we could win alot of money.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

TPR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!

How about the lottery numbers for the weekend - thats what we really need to know !!!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 PM
TPR
The Champ

LOL, if I had the lotto numbers or that kind of luck in Vegas, I would have all those quads and could conduct my own tests...

I'm glad people have taken a light hearted approach to this.....LOL I put myself in the line of fire, thank god most of the claims were true or, well, I would not be able to show my face....

LMAO DSNUT, yeah, ego is all polished up nice and shiny....sometimes you just need to let the ego out and run around a bit...

Oh, and in a nod to the past...let me clear my throat.....ahem,

I AM THE CHAMPION!!!!

TPR

Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 PM
TPR
The Champ

In all seriousness, I spoke to one of my contacts in the industry and from what I have heard the release of the DS and KTM have really sent the designers back to the drawing board....Not so much because of the KFX....funny.

We all know Yamaha has been thinking about doing an alloy frame, that should be next year with EFI and much improved suspension. Probably some notable differences in head design as well, reverse is up in the air.

Honda will be fast tracking (In Honda world) their next 450r, since they have had the most off road expereience with the alloy frame expect theirs to be similar to the twin spar Kawasaki. You may also see an atv version of their steering damper as well and possibly a dual exhust system similar to the CRF250, EFI as well.

Suzuki will do major revisions in 2 years, again aluminum chassis and probably a 48" wide setup, new design head and even better suspension....the rumor mill has also been churning on a big bore sport...they have a single cylinder big bore Ute, so expect a similar displacement.

From there on out it will be more like the MX segment, refine, revise, refine, revise....

TPR