CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

fraud ds650 parts on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:46 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default fraud ds650 parts on ebay

Someone named rccar guy sold me a used stator and flywheel for a 2005 ds650 over a month ago.I have not received it yet after repeated lies about shipping.Now his account is closed and the same stator and flywheel is for sale again under rose2020.They both live in Elk Grove California,both have the same items for sale and both used the same exact pics of the flywheel/stator and starter gears.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

thanx for the heads up, sorry for ur mishap on ebay, did u open a dispute?

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Must be this one...

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Did you use paypal to buy the part's ? I don't buy anything from any ebay seller unless they use paypal as a form of payment !

With paypal if a seller beat's you out of what evrer it is you buy from the seller , all you have to do is put in complaint to paypal and they will refund your money back into your paypal account ; and then they will go after the seller theirself !

I think ebay has some kind of fraud protection also , but i never buy anything from any seller that doesn't accept paypal ; some seller's who don't take paypal say the only resaon they don't take paypal is that it cost's more to sell and get paid and that is plain ole bull !

It's just harder for them to get away with fraud , with paypal involved with payment of item's with these seller's who pair up using defferent seller name's like what happened to you ; but i would report this to ebay with both these seller usernames because ebay needs to hear of these shady sellers to get them before they get away with these dealing's !

I got beat once from a dealer who had alot of negative feedback , i ask questions about all the negative feedback ; he sent back a reply telling me it was from buyer's who thought they were getting new part's for used price !

When i needed the complete front brake's for both front wheels i needed everything wheel cylinders , shoes , keeper spring's pin's and cap's ; everything was either frozen or rusted up so bad everything than to be replaced for the front of my 86' Honda TRX350 Foreman 4x4 !

I placed a bid on 2 new O.E.M. Honda backing plate Assemblies
from one seller who had all possitive feedback , the seller described them as new in unopened boxes ; and estimated the value as $250.00 per side so i placed a highest bid of $250.00 on this auction !

And i also saw that this seller who had all the bad feedback had a set of 2 baking plate assemblies for $24.00 + $10.00 shipping , the other seller had his listed no shipping ; so i didn't hold out much hope of wining the new set !

But i won both auction's and the new one's came first , they were just as described ; before i placed the bid i checked with the local Honda Dealer they were $298.99 per wheel from this Dealer !

Then i checked with my local AC Dealer who had alway's gotta me a better deal on O.E.M. part's for any Brand , she gave me an estimate of $178 50 on the same O.E.M. parts ; so i came out like a bandit on the 2 new backing plate assemblies from the Seller with the new one's !

I got both set's of the new one's for $152.50 for both set's with free shipping , the only part i couldn't use were the backing plate's themselves ; they were for 12 inch wheel's like the one's on the new Foreman and Rancher model's !

Everything else fit perfect and my brother who owned a 2004 TRX350FM Rancher 4x4 had the same size backing plate's , so i sold both backing plates to my brother for $25 for both ; so i got a good deal from this seller !

But as far as the one's from the seller of the used one's , they were in worse shape than the one's i had to replace so they were just junk i had to sell as scrap metal ; and needless to say he isn't a seller on ebay anymore and i got my money back from paypal that's why he no longer sell's on ebay !

Sorry for your loss and i hope ebay give's your money back , and goes after the theif's who took your money ; and didn't get the part's you ordered ! ......

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:49 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!

Also if you used a credit card to pay paypal they can help you. I bought a zippo lighter before christmas and the seller had a long *** story. I waited and waited. After a certain time period Paypal won't do anything - like in my case I think it was almost 60 days.
I phoned Visa, told them the story and a few questions later I had my money back the next day from Visa.

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i have a guy telling me he sent it, that my address is bad, seems to have worked 54 other times. well he didn't say anything until i gave him a bad feedback, not that those are worth the space on the screen, most won't give a reply until you give them a good reply, can't figure that out, you got my money so what is the feedback. some actually e-mail and say give me a good report and i'll do the same. go figure.

Old 02-06-2008 | 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

Paypal will delay the dispute for almost 2 months. Then they will fire you 3 notices 3 consecutive days and close it if you do not respond immediately.

Paypal, fleabay, and google are all communist fraud organizations. They will support their big chinese fraud customers, since they rip so many people off with only a few dozen recs that can't afford to bad marks on their name from billions of constantly changing chinese vendors.

Fleabay and Paypal are last resorts only personally. Google would be too, if there was an alternative with cached queries available, that was close to the speed. I am tired of Babblefish answers and crap quality, but there does not seem to be many alternatives available: from google anyway, without a lot of work.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Quit trying to save a few lousy coins on crapbay,and order parts from a reputable
parts dealer.

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I recently had a seller on ebay not send a part after a month. Opened a dispute on paypal, and had the money back in my account in less than 24 hours.

There are good sellers and bad ones on ebay. Just like there are good dealerships and crappy ones that make you go to ebay to get a part.

If you use a credit card registered through paypal, you have paypal and the credit card company both to help get your money back.

But you can't wait around too long. 30 days is my limit. After that, you'll get hit from two different companies. Done properly, one of the two should get your money back.

Old 02-07-2008 | 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Course this happens with sellers as well, i used a "buy it now" for parts for my CBR and i never send payment until the seller responds to my emails, i got an automated invoice but sent him emails saying i want to hear back from him before i pay, he never did so i never paid, guy had the guts to send a 'nonpaying' dispute to me, i replyed to ebay sayin i straight up told him to email me and i woulda paid, no email no money!!! havent heard from them since lol and bought diff parts now

Quick Reply: fraud ds650 parts on ebay