CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody replace their rear axle bearings? I have a question for you!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update* finally got Snap ring off bearing carrier- now I cant get the damn thing out of the swingarm!!!!

the tapered part your talking about is part of the bearing, it sits inside your carrier, the part in your carrier that is tappered is part of the old bearing. you gotta punch the old ones out and put the new ones in. i just used a long drift and a hammer and punch from the other side, hit one side then the other wigglin it out slowly. shine er up with some emery cloth and the new ones go back in pretty easy. if you have trouble try puttin the carrier in the oven with a little heat for a whle and put the new bearings in the freezer for a bit then try it.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update* finally got Snap ring off bearing carrier- now I cant get the damn thing out of the swingarm!!!!

ahhh thanks, you rock! I was wondering why the heck they would include a part I dont need! I will be sure to get the old out and put the new in. Thanks for the tips on putting them in as well, a couple others have mentioned the freezer/oven trick so I think I will do it so they slide in rather than having to be pounded in.

I assume its ok to have the bearings packed with grease and then put them in the freezer? I assume the grease isnt going to freeze so all should be well right?

Thanks again! I owe everybody a beer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]