CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

05 Rally Problems With Getting Wet

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Rally Problems With Getting Wet

Does anybody know what can be done to prevent the 05 Rally from dying when it gets wet?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 05 Rally Problems With Getting Wet"></title><script src=

My sons had the same problem, hope this helps. Three things. First, if the carb has ever been removed, the rubber mounting tube is likely to be deformed if it was'nt put back on just right. It will crack and cause a vacuum, and water leak. a new one with the clamps ( use the o.e. clamps! ) is about $25.00. use spray silicone and be patient, make sure its on and fits just right. Second, the plastic boot on the spark plug wire cracks when it is hot then splashed with water; from then on, it only takes a little spary from a plant mister to cause a missfire/stall. I replaced the wire with an accell wire with a regular rubbur boot. Third, even though the Rally is very well snorkeled from the factory, the vent hoses on the carb are its achilles heel. take some fish tank hose- the clear stuff, and push it into the o. e. vent hoses. route them up to the air intake for the carb ( in front of the handle bars where the air filter is ) and let them hang down into the intake a coupls of inches. zip tie in place here and there. Now my sons rally goes through water up to the top of the headlights no problem, every time.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 05 Rally Problems With Getting Wet"></title><script src=

I had the same problem with my sons. It would stall out just splashing through a puddle, now it goes through water up to the top if the headlights and never misses a beat. Heres your fix. First, replace the spark plug wire with a regular automotive rubber boot (straight) style. The factory one cracks, lets water in, grounds out. No spark. Second, and probably most important, extend the vent hoses on the carb ( the clear rubber ones ) up to the air intake in front of the handle bars. fish tank pump hoses slip right into the factory ones, silicone keeps them put. Zip tie them in place along the way and let them hang down into the intake a couple inches. Third, if the carb has ever been removed chances are the rubber mounting tube wasnt put back on just right. If this is the case, it will deform, crack and cause a vacuum/water leak. a new tube with the right clamps is about $25.00. use spray silicone and take your time to get it lined up with the carb and the elbow in place just right before tightening the clamps. Good luck!