CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dealership Issue, I'm I out of line?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Issue, I'm I out of line?

I purchased an Outlander in Sept 2007. After 10 hours of service I brought it in for the 10 hour service that Can-Am recommends. The dealer did what was expected including adjustment of the valve and I also wanted them to look at the display button that never worked (the dealer told me that a recall or a fix will come out sometime). They replaced the rubber boot. This didn't fix the problem. This costed around $300.00,which was expected. Two months goes by and a friend noticed one of my valve cover gaskets and the oil filter cover gasket were leaking. So I brought it in to have the dealership replace 1)the gaskets - assuming previous service caused the problem and also have them look at the 2)display button (I went to a show and a Can-am rep. told me there is a new display buttom fix) 3)look at a noise in the front end.

They were quik on the turn around time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. When I called them they charged me $280.00. They replaced the front brakes (without asking me first). They charged $10.00 for the display button. They replaced the valve cover gasket and oring for the oil filter cover.

Note: First service work was done roughly at 300 miles
Second service work was done at 750 mile (2 months out of warranty)
assumming 6 monthes warranty.

The Service Manager at the dealership told me its normal to replace brakes at 750 miles.

Is this out of line or am I? Should I complain about having to pay the $280.00?
Replace brakes after 750 miles? I'm not a hard rider. My wife rides with me on the back (Two up seat). The display button never work from brand new!? Two oil leaks at the same time!? What is your thoughts?????????

Old 09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Issue, I'm I out of line?

I work for a Jeep dealership and can tell that if you dont sell the parts first to a coustomer that bill is on the dealership.

If you have complaint / issue that came up before experation of a warranty the dealer should be taking care of you. If they dont give Can-Am coustomer sevice a call I am sure that they would love to hear about it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]