CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the ad-These are the pics- what do you guys think?
How is the 07 650 rated?

Sorry- these are the only pics he sent me.

2007 Outlander Max 650 xt $5500
650 H.O. fuel inj.
Blue book on this ATV is over $6000 without the plow or extras.
Comes with
Moose County plow
Warn Winch
ITP 27" big wheel kit
Front A arm guards
Removable factory windshield.
rear seat replacement case

Attached Thumbnails should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?-can-am.jpg   should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?-can-am-2.jpg   should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?-can-am-3.jpg  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardiac
Wow, tlc. Can you dig up something a little more inane and ancient than that garbage. Popo better than a Can Am? Don't even go there or you will look, at best, un-informed.
My problem with that review is that it's 4 years old. Can-Am has made alot of improvements since then, and has a very complete package ATV nowadays. In 2006, I think the Sp800 was better, but now, with better handling and suspension on the Outty, no way. The XP is a close match, with user preference deciding the outcome. And I've ridden them both.. it was so close, I seriously considered buying the Outty.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

hey- you guys forget about me ?

what do you think of the ad!

I do love my brute 750- but I am going for comfort and stability.
I had an 05 king quad 700fi (my avatar) with 2500 on it- it rode like new.
so I'm hoping this is a tight 2007 like the owner says it is. For some reason, all the japanese atv's have hard seats- while the can am & polaris have very soft cushy seats.

I'm all set with polaris though- I don't care how great they are- I don't want to become one of those weird polaris owners who hates every other atv's and thinks their popo came straight from the shop of "GOD" - not only that- they look funny with that big square plastic front end hanging off the fenders...

Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Thats a sweet looking ride. Good luck with what ever way you decide to go.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I came from a Kaw 650 Prairie. I am now on a 800 Outty max. I would never ever go back. Yes the Kaw has great low end ( gearing ) and is great for wheelies. I miss the ability to wheelie somewhat...but that's it. The 2 up Outlanders are awesome. I ride a rough woods road at my cabin that the longer Max just flies over...I would never be able to approach the same speeds on the Kawi. One of my friends has a Brute 750 and I watched him swap rides with another friend that rides a single seat 07 Outlander 800. His exact words were " man that thing is like a caddilac compared to mine". The Brute was 09 with far less miles on it as well. The 2 up Max's are better again in ride department, so to me there is no comparison. If you and your wife like riding the Brute together...YOU WILL LOVE riding a Max. Power of the 650 is about the same as the 750 Brute. New 650's are alot stronger. Both nice bikes, would be good if you could try them back to back.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

To the poster above that suggested a Max will have a harder time on tighter trails...I along with a buddy both ride Max's. We ride the exact same trails as our friends with much smaller machines ( Eiger400 and Rancher400 ). We ride all the tight trails we have yet encountered and do it smoother and faster than everyone else.

Go to these forums and post your question...you will find alot more people are switching to Max's and loving it.
Can-Am ATV Forum
can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut

I'm all set with polaris though- I don't care how great they are- I don't want to become one of those weird polaris owners who hates every other atv's and thinks their popo came straight from the shop of "GOD" - not only that- they look funny with that big square plastic front end hanging off the fenders...
Funny because I said buy the Can-Am... and said the Can-Am's are among the best. All the major brands are making great machines nowadays. Comes down to personal preference. Every brand has porblems, and being a Polaris guy, I'll even admit that Popo has made some real poo at times. I've been lucky to have no major issues with either of mine though. Guess I'm lucky. I'll tell you one more thing. The real reason I didn't buy the Outty 800 was the local dealer is a Can-Am guy who hates every other atv's and thinks his Can-Am's came straight from the shop of "God", to paraphrase you. And honestly every brand in this forum has their own elistist snobs. His brand is the best of the best, and your brand, if it's not his brand, is absolute crap. (You know who you are) But I appreciate you lumping me in that category, even if I'm not that guy. Buy what the hell you want, I'm out of this.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

But I appreciate you lumping me in that category, even if I'm not that guy. Buy what the hell you want, I'm out of this.
relax man, just a fun shot- didn't mean to offend you popo guys! I have a lot of friends that ride polaris- and they are all the same... they hate every other atv- and as soon as I say "hey, I'm surprised my brute made it through that" they always come back with some statement on how their popo is superior- but they are all great guys.

I was actually considering a 2006 sportsman 800- a guy near me has one for $5k. I posted it in the popo section.
I'm just not sure I want a 765+ lb atv (and that's not including 5 gal of gas and the rider!) But I consider Polaris & Can Am to be two of the best atv's on the market.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I'm just not sure I want a 765+ lb atv (and that's not including 5 gal of gas and the rider!) But I consider Polaris & Can Am to be two of the best atv's on the market.
The way i think,its like bing a 500lb girl to the prom or a 700lb girl,fat is fat. No one will throw around a 600 lb atv around any easier then a 800lb one. The 650 max is 100 lbs more then a 750 Brute also.

My old 450 Foreman was almost 200lbs less then my 500 but it still rode much rougher and slower. Once a machine weighs over 450lb your just the guy that sits on it and steers it and nothing else.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Cardiac
Wow, tlc. Can you dig up something a little more inane and ancient than that garbage. Popo better than a Can Am? Don't even go there or you will look, at best, un-informed.
Still on your high horse I see Cardiac. Don't mean to be a "wannabe lurker" (lol) here but you've got your Can-Am goggles shoved so far up your a$$ you're eyes are yellow. Best of the best? Why don't you tell us all how, at best, "uninformed" this guy is.....

2010 Quad of the Year My Pick...

Quick Reply: should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?