CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
And honestly every brand in this forum has their own elistist snobs. His brand is the best of the best, and your brand, if it's not his brand, is absolute crap (You know who you are).
lol

Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by countryboy8602
Still on your high horse I see Cardiac. Don't mean to be a "wannabe lurker" (lol) here but you've got your Can-Am goggles shoved so far up your a$$ you're eyes are yellow. Best of the best? Why don't you tell us all how, at best, "uninformed" this guy is.....

2010 Quad of the Year My Pick...
That review is the very best one written comparing the XP850 vs the Outty XT800R. I especially like this part...
"When Can Am released the 2010 Outlander 800R Max Ltd and the 2010 Renegade 800R X Xc, I was blown away. I can honestly say there is nothing compared to these two quads, they are literally in a class of their own. If you notice I did not bring them into the review at all, it is not even close".

Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Guard1
That review is the very best one written comparing the XP850 vs the Outty XT800R. I especially like this part...
"When Can Am released the 2010 Outlander 800R Max Ltd and the 2010 Renegade 800R X Xc, I was blown away. I can honestly say there is nothing compared to these two quads, they are literally in a class of their own. If you notice I did not bring them into the review at all, it is not even close".
He must been talking about price as they are definitely in a "Class of there own"!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

countryboy
I see from your sig what you ride and have knowlege of. I have owned, or had in my family, Can Ams, Grizzly 700, Popo 500, King quads, Brute Force, nos DS720 , Banshee with a turbo Hyabusa, Banshee with a nos GXSR 100, Honda 400, Popo Predator and numerous smaller quads. My opinion comes from owning and maintaining these quads and riding the snot out of them. My opinion of Can Am is earned, not shoved up anything. If you don't like my opinion, tough. If you disagree with my opinon, voice your own and try not to get childish about it. And if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....Wanna be.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Guard1
The reason he didn't bring them into the review is because they are clearly different machines, one being a longer wheelbase 2-up with air ride suspension, and the other a non-utility pure sport 4x4. I'm sure they'll do a comparison of 4 door family boats and sport machines at another time and place. The focus of the comparison is between the 1-up Outty and the 850, the 850 coming out on top, once again, despite Can-Am's introduction of power steering for 2010. They're splitting hairs between the two in a lot of categories, but for someone to continually claim Can-Am is the superior machine is clearly a colorblind idiot.

Sorry to hijack. To the OP, keep the Brute, despite carbs it sounds like its brand new. You couldn't pay me to take a used 07 Outty with 2500 miles. Unless you're taking the wife along all the time, why buy a 4 door Impala when you've already got a 2 dr Mustang?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Carbed over EFI, Interesting. Another insite.....

Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hijack. To the OP, keep the Brute, despite carbs it sounds like its brand new. You couldn't pay me to take a used 07 Outty with 2500 miles. Unless you're taking the wife along all the time, why buy a 4 door Impala when you've already got a 2 dr Mustang?

Well- you couldn't be more right! too late though, sold the brute and bought the can-am- last night the clutch fried on the can-am. left me stranded- stuck in reverse- smelling rubber and a bunch of rattling- couldn't shift it at all.

it was squealing real loud and stunk pretty bad.

the other guy must've really punished this thing in the mud & water.

I threw in the towel and sold it today-

I lined up an 07 polaris sportsman 800 for $5k, which I'm picking up tonight. Only has 150 miles on it.- Not even broken in yet- no more worries or high mileage used atv's for me! Should've kept the brute!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Cardiac
Does your Brute have EFI. If not it is a no-brainer. I think most people would concide that the Outlander is the better machine.
Insight?? Priceless. Let me guess... a Can-Am with 10,000 miles on it... still the superior machine right? lol

Sorry to hear of your misfortune beergut. You'll love the Po Po, an awsome machine. Don't let anyone BS you with Po Po reliability issue talk, newer model (05 and up) Polaris Atv's are just as reliable as anything else out there. I had 1000 plus trouble free miles on my 800, actually recently sold it to buy another Grizzly. Not becaue I didn't like the Polaris, but because I liked the Grizz for other reasons, including power steering. Otherwise, a awesome machine for a decent price.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Beergut
Lets see, January 27th you hadn't made up your mind and were asking for opinions on the pictures you posted. Here it is Feb 5th and you have sold your Brute, bought the Can Am, blew it up, sold it and bought a Popo. Very interesting. Good luck with your Popo and have fun with it.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see, January 27th you hadn't made up your mind and were asking for opinions on the pictures you posted. Here it is Feb 5th and you have sold your Brute, bought the Can Am, blew it up, sold it and bought a Popo. Very interesting. Good luck with your Popo and have fun with it.

yep- in a nut shell.
But my riding isn't what caused the malfunction, I was maybe going 8 mph when it happened. It was a poor choice on my part to buy a quad with 2400 miles on it from a guy who lives in the mountains...

I'm not one of those guys who thinks one atv is better then any other one- I like them all and they all have strong & weak points. I am partial to the 3 makers (kawasaki, can-am & polaris) due to the fact they are the only ones who make twin cylinder atv's (i think)-

I liked the can-am, but I had to bail before it really blew up- which I don't think was too far away.

Quick Reply: should I buy an 07 outlander 650 H.O. 2-up or keep my 05 brute force 750?