CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

counter sprocket plastic guard tore off

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somehow I caught something in my chain and something tore my chain guard off. The plastic piece probably is cheap, but the problem is. The top bolt insert was cracked off of the engine. How can I fix that? I can still ride it but I would like it back. Can I get someone to weld a piece on there and put some threads back in? Any ideas? Plus, this is a stupid question. Does the red light above the neutral light stay on all the time? The oil and coolant are fine. I don't have a manual yet. I bought it a few weeks ago from someone who lost the manual. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2001, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't know about the chain guard.

Did you change the oil or did the previous owner just change the oil? You may need to bleed the air from the system. DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE WITH THE RED LIGHT ON! The light is for the oil pressure sensor.

Is this a 2000 model or 2001?

Old 05-27-2001, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

First off the red light means either low oil pressure or high water temp if its on, you should not have low oil pressure unless you changed the oil and filter and had air traped in the oil system and did not bleed it off with the bleader screw in the oil filter compartment. Possibilites for high water temp activation would be low coolant level, stuck thermostat, failed temp sender, failed temp sensor, failed fan. Find the problem before riding anymore. Agood welder could weld the case, my riding buddy welds aluminum engins and trannys all the time, its possible a product like JB weld might work there, I haven't used it so I cant really say, if the machine was fliped it may also get air in the oil system