CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

QUEST 650

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 09:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I am thinking of buying one, I was wondering if anyone has seen/rode one of these quads. Has any of the dealers taken delievery of them yet. I know that Bombadier has been touring the country with there 2002 models,including the Quest, and I was just hoping that if any of you that have been fourtunate enough too have seen one might give us some updates. Thanks....... MJS

Old 06-26-2001, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive try one out and its goes pretty good,it goes over 60 mph no problem,ive try the 650 prairie,and i think its going to be close and maybe even faster on top end,the speedo stop at 60 and its was going faster then it was showing,i will have one next week,ill let you know more,i will be able to try it against the prairie 650,can`t wait to try it out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2001, 07:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A question? Why does the Bombardier website show the MSRP on the Quest 650 at $6999 and the regular old Traxter 500 at $7199? That doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

Old 06-27-2001, 10:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks "Skidog" for the reaply. When you say you will have one this weekend, does that mean that you will be buying one? I am really curious about how smooth the clutching is and how good the suspension is. Other points that I am interested in is the shifting from low/high/reverse (how easy is it?) and the new brakes,(are they noisy?). Is low range low enough for some serious pulling and is the engine braking effective.
I know that this is a lot of questions but I would greatly appreciate yor comments and your impression on this new machine. Thanks in advance for your commnets .......... MJS

Old 06-28-2001, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

iam a dealer here in dubreuilville just west of wawa,the suspension is softer than the traxter,to me it ride nice,clutching is good you get good response,engine braking work really good ive tried it going down hill at the dealer meeting we had,whithout touching the gas its slow right down ,it does`nt gain speed at all.the shifter is way better then the traxter its located on the right side and its smooth shifting from low to high or park,there is no ziczac like the other brand have.iam suppose to get it next week i will let you know.

Old 06-28-2001, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

the quest has a good price for a 650,what you seen is wright,they say by being belt driven its cost less to build but this is not the case for yamaha or suzuki there belt driven model is more money then a shifter model

Old 07-01-2001, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

Hope you have one up there the next time I'm in Dubreuilville. The Quest sounds good enough to be my next machine! How much will you give me trade in on the Polaris?LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2001, 02:01 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Skidog;

Is that you Dan? Have you guys taken the trip down to Searchmont yet? I posted on other site for Luc but no reaction yet (sled sites not too busy right now for some reason). As I told him there, if you guys don't head down this summer, we are planning on running that trail this fall. Maybe we can hook up with you guys and go together. Maybe then me and DJ425 can swap a ride on that quest for a bit (hint, hint). Are they talking any trash aboot a 650# limit in Canada? Since Bombi makes aboot the heaviest it seems they would be cutting their own throught. I would think if it is light enough to get across the swamp, it's OK to ride eh! LOL!

One concern that I have on the Quest is how balanced is it as far as hill climbing? Will the front end stay down OK? With the motor mounted back farther I kinda wander aboot that. BUT that should make for easier steering tho?

Gotta pick up that new sled this fall, so won't be buying a Quest yet, but would like to check it out next time up if you have one that you can demo. Planning on late Sept. We WILL plan to stop in and see one.

By the way, what's up with the KB? Are we playing Tom and Huck this summer or still in planning stages?

Old 07-04-2001, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

no it doesn`t look like we are going to searchmont this summer,maybe next year we wll see,the quest engine is not in the back like you thing ,the engine is at the same place and the front end is heavy just like the traxter its not tippy.i dont remember who you are refresh my memorie.dan.

Old 07-05-2001, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

We've been up there a couple of times on the 4-wheelers. We bought a few small items at your shop. Ox (Chad) snow-checked a Summit from you this year.

Quick Reply: QUEST 650