CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Up for Pismo December 26-29? Looking for riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am making the trek to Pismo after x-mas and am looking for others to ride with.

This will be my first trip with my DS and I cannot wait.

My wife has to work and all my other riding buddies have other things going.

Let me know if you will be there and we can plan on hooking up for some riding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2001, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to go but think I will still have my quads apart.You might check with Big Jon(posts in this forum),I think he lives in Elk Grove too plus he heads to Pismo quite often.
Jeff

Old 12-11-2001, 03:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't count me in yet but I'll see about making the trip. What do you have for paddles for your DS? *Note: if you have none yet, do NOT get the Kenda Trakkers for your DS.

Old 12-11-2001, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey sierra club sucks, nice name, haha. Hey... y not just drive 250 more miles and go to the best sand dunes in the united states. We will be down at glamis dec. 26-jan 2. Come on down, its great and it wont be cold and blustery like it will at pismo. It should be awesome weather, and its great fun. Let me know, we will be leaving midday the 26th, maybe we can caravan down there, i live in placerville so not very far away from ya. jeff, u gotta go too. haha. Sean

Old 12-12-2001, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Paddles: I am running the Sand Sharks in back. I have not purchased any fins for the front. I will probably go with the solid rib front.

Glamis: I had been concerned about the weather but, I had not thought about going to Glamis should the weather on the Coast be bad. That is a great thought. But, A L O N G D R I V E.
I have never been, what's it take, 9 hours?

Where else do you ride Sean?

-Mark

Old 12-12-2001, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't have any time on the Sand Sharks yet, try to take them back. I speak from experience, I have a set myself. They are far and away the worst paddles I've ever ridden on. They either dug holes or just spun continuously. I good set of knobbies does about as good as Sand Sharks.

Old 12-12-2001, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure about plans for that weekend just yet. Might be snowboarding. I will try and let you know. I think I just responded to your email...

Old 12-12-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

The great thing about Pismo is that you don't really need paddles to get around, only if you want to race. Best tire for aggressive riding at Pismo is a set of holeshots with every third row of ***** cut off. You can go any where and still have plenty of control and rear slide. The sand there is kinda moist so traction is better then most dunes. If you go take a set of paddles and a set of ***** and try the ***** first if you dont like it you will have the paddles to fall back on.

Old 12-14-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

How is the river crossing this time of year?
Jeff

Old 12-17-2001, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Excellent question Jeff. I have only been there twice (June & Feb.) neither time was the river an issue.

Is there a time of the year the dunes are unreachable?

I will contact the Park before making the trip. Thanks, had not thought of that.

Also, I may come back on the 28th and then go to Sand Mt. over the New Year's weekend with a few other friends.

Are you going to have that Baja put back together by then?

Went out to Prairie City yesterday. I rode for about three hours and cleaned the bike up for about two hours. Wish we had sand a little closer to Sac. It was still great to get out.

Quick Reply: Up for Pismo December 26-29? Looking for riders.