CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Looks like we can't get any catalog parts after all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 11:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I read on this forum that the RED DS plastic/seat cover are no longer available, then I want to order the Baja tach for $129, and my dealer tells me the part number rolled, and then oops, it's not available any more either. Now tonight I get a call from my dealer, and the gal says they received a fax today from Bombardier stating that my Baja lights which have been on back order since 11-15, are also "No longer available". Holy Crap, this catalog just came out, and now alot of stuff is discontinued?!?!?! I will e-mail Bomb. about this, and I guess I probably won't even get an answer, But if anyone from Bombardier corporate is reading this forum...........These are unacceptable business practices. You need to take some lessons from Cannondale....they apparently know how to take care of their customers. For the record, I love my DS but when I replace the wifes quad next year,it will be with a Cannondale!......Just venting.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

yea I wonder what the deal is too- I ordered the tach as soon as the catalog came out and after a month with no results I cancelled, the dealer says it just keeps getting the runaround from bomb and they won't give him a date- what the crap kinda marketing campaign are they running! -does this demonstrate a lack of faith on the part of the manufacturer in their products ability to sell? I was going to get the carbon fiber kit and the red plastic too but oh well.

Old 12-12-2001, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer never even had the catalog, but this sort of thing disturbs me as well. I have a meeting with a regional rep on Fri.[if he shows this time] and will show him a printed version of this thread. It would be very helpfull if someone could get me a copy of the catalog to show him as well though. If anyone can send me a copy, please do.

Knutz Concepts
1317 Maplegrove CR.
Las Vegas NV, 89108

Old 12-12-2001, 09:43 AM
Range Rover

Knutz, I will have my catalog on its way to you in tomorrows snail mail.

Old 12-12-2001, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking from a manufacturers point of view (no, not Bombardier)maybe I can help explain the problem. Bombardier just started production of the Baja so their sources for parts, specific to it, are relitivly new. These vendors are most likely doing all they can just to keep up with Bombardier's production levels let alone the additional quantities to supply spare parts. With the current economy the way it is, no manufacturer wants to, or is going to, produce more product than is necessary to fill orders so they will be very slow at "ramping up" production. This in turn causes the shortages seen here. These shortage situations go all the way back to the suppliers of the individual compoments of, say for instance, the tachometer.

On the other hand, Bombardier really needs to address this issue and inform the buying public; first, that they acknowledge that there is a problem then of its plan to eliminate these short-falls and fill backorders. To say nothing then obsolete the part number is neglegent at best. Maybe its the difference between the American and Canadian ways of doing business.

Old 12-12-2001, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Must..vent...Apparently thats the state of business nowadays. My dealer barely knows what a Bombardier is. They sure can't tell the difference betweeen long and short oil filters. They don't know anything about updates to the DS. They have a trained parrot that answers the phone and says "two weeks" in response to any question. So much for buying locally, next time maybe I'll try Ebay.
I think it was Dave Thomas (Wendy's) who said people are pretty forgiving when you screw up a fast food meal, they will come back. Screw up a fancy dinner and they will look around for another place to eat. Order up, plain DS hold the extended warrenty.

Old 12-13-2001, 08:16 AM
Range Rover

It's not just parts for the DS, I've been waiting two months for some accessories for my Quest 650.

Old 12-14-2001, 02:21 AM
The Facility

Yes, we sell them and yes we will keep them. But the word Bombardier says it all when it comes to quality of service. Any other dealer or any of you guys that work for one know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

KNOWSALOT

Old 12-16-2001, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer

Knutz, I am here in Vegas and have a catalogue you can use, if you havn't got one yet. no need to snail mail. e-mail me I can probably meet you somewhere. looks by your zip you are across town from me though.

Old 12-16-2001, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Don, if we get together for the dyno run tomorrow, I'll give you mine. Hey, midLfinger, where are you? I live in Henderson near lake Las Vegas.

Quick Reply: Looks like we can't get any catalog parts after all!