CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Fast Custom DS @ Buttercup 1/26/02...WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen finally seen a bike that may be the fastest DS around. It put a hurting on the rest of us all weekend at buttercup, including a couple of trinity and Alba banshees that were fast themselves. I have to say the races weren't even close. The closest bike was 10 or more lengths behind and the DS wasn't even running his NOS. Here is what I know. It was machined in a little shop in Mesa, has dual 44mm carbs, extending swing arm, custom A arms, tach, and not much plastic. This bike made me a believer. It was incredibly fast. I here he was at Glamis a few weeks ago and after a few races know one would race him (just hearsay) but I can't doubt it after seeing it at Buttercup. I am trying to find out what was done to the engine and the shop it was done in.

Old 01-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

need more details. dual 44mm carbs sound way too large!!!

what trinity kit are we talking about, 92HP?

what alba kit are we talking about? HP?

was the frame itself lightened?

Old 01-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

I'll give the info that I know:

The Banshees just had Trinity Stickers and Team Alba complete decalls. They weren't slow but weren't talking much after getting spanked.

I thought the carbs were a bit much myself but whatever it had (for real) made it very fast up the hill.

I'm trying to get the scoop from a buddy who knows the guy who owns the bike. It was certainly built to shoot the hill. Everything was stripped off and replaced with light weight replacements.

Old 01-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Is this the infamous "Raptor Killer" every body is looking for?
Dual 44mm carbs would be tuff,when I talked to Ron Wood the biggest they where able to do where dual 41mm or 42 Kehin's,and this was quite an undertaking from what they said.They wouldn't sell me one.

You got us all curious,go find him and get us all the juicy details
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Jeff Pevious post

Old 01-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I SECOND THAT SCOOBY .. GET HIM ON THIS FORUM SO WE COULD PICK HIS BRAIN ALITTEL ...LOL

DID U GET TO TALK TO THE GUY AT ALL ??

Old 01-29-2002, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

It is not the infamous raptor killer that was out a few weeks ago. One of the young guys in my camp knows the guy and is trying to get some info for me. He says the work was done at a small custom shop in mesa, AZ. The carb thing has me thinking as well. I do know that the frame was modified significantly from mine.

The young guy in my camp set me up pretty good against this bike. I was smoking the raptors and other DS there until he showed up. It took two races and I new I was second at best. I beat him through the whoops by atleast 30 feet and it only took a second or two for him to blow by me. His top end was extremely strong. He was able to pull away all the way up the hill not just hold on as the banshees shifted up.

I have calls in, just waiting to hear back.

Old 01-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, I live in Mesa, Az. So if you find out what shop or any info, I will go do some investigating.

A friend of mine in Florida claims someone showed up at the sand drags with a DS w/ dual carbs. The owner claimed it was a Rotax engine from a bike sold in Europe and South Africa. It was claimed to have 86 hp. No one has seen the guy since.

Keep us posted.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

You guys need to come to Little Sahara in Utah on easter weekend. This is the real King of the Hill. No four stroke will win anything here. Olds is an Ant hill that doesn't prove anything. It is to short and not steep enough. K&T's banshees will win unless MR. GSXR 1450cc on NOS shows up. Yes, thats what it takes to win here. I don't hillshoot and don't care, but you can't deny the facts. It is fun to watch though! Show your nuts and head north. LOL

Old 01-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

was this ds black and butt ugly if it was roger borguette[sorry about the last name but it's tough]on his 115 cid harley powerd ds 6"frame stretch and nitrous fed.nd he's was there kicking butts and taking names this weekend.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

hinglbyds, where are these sand drags in Florida?

Quick Reply: Fast Custom DS @ Buttercup 1/26/02...WOW!!!