CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say east coast guys"go for it" it will be an experience you won't forget ! Also I think we should start a new post on this subject, it takes a long time to download ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Permit Update-

I called BLM first thing this morning to do whatever was needed to ensure we get the permit for that site and that weekend. Unfortunately, the contact that's in charge of this does not work on Mondays. I left a voice mail, and I'll try again first thing in the morning again.

Old 03-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

im with yea organ .. i think im going for it either way .. im young and have no kids or wife ... so im going to try my hardest to make it there out to the west ..iv never been duning before and i can here them dunes calling my name ..... lol ...

Old 03-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

So far the East Coast DS Riders got a confirmed 3 going.
Big R ?? Hello?? you know you want to!! everybody,s doing it!!

And we have BigWaynester from the mid west.

Thats 4 so far, anyone else?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Range Rover

I see we are resorting to peer pressure now. Thats how I started smoking and drinking... lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Im realy not sure yet. I dont know what Im doing tommorow, much less over 5 months from now. Im supposed to go on a big ride in Colorado in July. Im not sure if I go to that if I want to tur right around and go cross country again. Its too bad these events werent planned closer together.

Old 03-05-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Knutz, What is the update? Anything yet?

Old 03-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

demon, I talked to knutz today and I meant to ask him how this was going. I forgot. I know that he has been very busy and that may be why he has not posted yet.

Bat

Old 03-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Update-

I spoke with the woman in charge of the permit application this morning. She is sending the application to me today. I'll have it filled out and returned ASAP.

The other organization has had their permit application in since November 2001, but it has not been approved yet. They ran into some problems with the environmental issues.

This is a first time predicament for BLM. Two organizations are trying for similar event on the same holiday weekend. One of the BLM reps I spoke to mentioned that they may not allow anyone to have an event on a three day weekend.

I may need Jon[crowlyoffroad] to plot me a corse for the poker run, and maybe Jeff[jeffinrivercity] to do one for the sunset ride. As soon as I can, I'll have the permit app in their[BLM] hands for approval, and I'll let everyone know what they say. I made it clear to them that we need an answer ASAP since we may need to use a different site if it's denied.

I'm hoping that a side benifit of us helping the FOSM with the clean up is they may give us some special consideration on the permit. We all know that we wanted to help the clean up befor there was any benifit in it for us[aside from a clean riding area], but now the good deed may help us.

Things are not looking as good as I had hoped, but I'll work it the best I can. I have to say though, I'm pretty good at things like this, so if there is any chance, and I get the help I need[Jon and Jeff], I think we may just pull it off.

Old 03-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Don,

I can get you locations for the Poker Run no problem. Just let me know what type of information they are looking for (ie. general location or gps coordinates).

What are your thoughts about contacting the other organization to make sure that conflicting events are avoided (can't really have two different races at the same time)? Maybe a way to show BLM that any conflicts would be resolved before a decision is made to only host one event. If you need their contact info, let me know.

I really don't think this BLM office has had to deal with too many permits, so this is new to them. I was told that the decision would be made higher up than the person you talked to.

I will stay in the loop with Chris (BLM) to see if I can work the coordination with Friends of Sand Mountain angle. I would hope that they would appreciate the added hands helping with the cleanup.

Jon

Old 03-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I am a little confused about a few things because it is new to me. I have never been involved with an event that required any kind of permit. Could someone please explain to me what the purpose of the permit is. I know we need it for anyone commercial to be there but why? just lookin for some Clarification is all

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend