CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what I received from BLM via email:

<< &quot;Your acquaintance, Mr. Knetzger, better call me ASAP. I already am working on a permit, ATV, for the Labor Day weekend. This ATV event will be open to the public at Sand Mountain. I might not be able to accommodate two ATV events at Sand Mountain. It is first come first serve.&quot; >>

It sounds to me that there is a chance, but you better hurry.

Jon

Old 03-02-2002, 11:42 AM
Range Rover

darn, how far is that from ga? vegas,i know what you mean about the wife thing!

Old 03-02-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was thinking that we were far enough ahead that I wasn't in a huge hurry, Jon informed me that we aren't that far ahead. I plan to call 1ST thing monday morning. I'll do whatever possible to get that weekend for us.

Old 03-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Man I have my fingers crossed. Knutz you have my numbers so if ya need anything to help I will.

Organ Your 302 will do just fine. Just take it and have the oil changed and if they arent pretty new put in some new plugs. Make sure the tires are good and evenly air'd up and you should be just fine. If your trailer is older I would make sure that the Bearings are packed fresh. I had a memeber of another forum write me and he is probably going to have his quad shipped on a truck if he can find a place to store it until he arives. He is going to fly out. It could be cheaper than flying that far. If all of ya wanted to get a truck it could be really cheap. I could ask him for you if ya want to see if it could be possible for all to be able to ship the quads. Let me know.

Old 03-03-2002, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I was planing a full tune-up before the trip and the trailer is brand new so that not a prob. It has zerks built into the hubs

The only prob now is the girlfriend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] She doesn't like long trips!! AT ALL!!

Old 03-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

The girlfreind is the easy part. You have to take one foot and put in pant legs then put the other foot in, pull up. LOL Just make good plans to keep it interesting and be extra sweet to her for the next 4-5 months then she cant say no. Another good way to get her to come is invite one of her freinds to come along, like one that is about 25, good looking, and single for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The sacrifice would be great but atleast you'd be able to come!!

Old 03-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

As Bat pointed out, if you are having problems with Sand Mtn you might want to consider LS Utah. After all it is ALOT more than one sand hill with much, much more room to spread out without worrying about interfering with another group. Also I doubt there's any danger of them telling you the area isn't big enough if another event gets planned there at the same time. If you guys want to really know who's machines run the best try running them up a steeper longer hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Also since you are obviously trying for the biggest turn out possible, this would make it more attractive for people coming from the east and midwest by shaving off some travel time for them. I know your going to do it where you want, and my opinion probably doesn't count, but there you have it anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

You would certainly have my vote to host DS DAYS 2003 in LS Utah - we did kinda handle a larger sporting event recently - who's on the committee - who do we have to bribe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] to get the game here???
I am looking forward to a road trip and some new terrain to tear up - it'll be a blast

Old 03-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Of course your opinion matters. LS UT is definatly an option but I really think it will be OK. Well just have to wait and see what the word is from Knutz Monday morning. If not we can always move it back to an unofficial, official event as well. We will probably put it to a vote or something as to which way we will do it. I am hope fully going to be headed to LS UT here really soon so I can check it out. I have heard it is a great place to ride. Anyone that has a feeling on either way, please state it, We can't please everyone as you well know but every opinion will be taken and the best decision will be made from it. If we dont use a particular suggestion, dont get offended. Events like these are difficult because 100 will be happy then you'll have 4-5 that arent and can ruin it for everyone.

Old 03-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

The event will happen one way or another at one place or another so people dont panick and cancel any plans if the permit thing doesn't happen. Another good location I have thought of is St. Anthony's in Idaho. Beyond huge dunes. Just a thought so dont jump to conclusions.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend