CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like a blast! Where is Sand Mountain, NV...what city/town is it near? I'd like to plan and see how far it is from Orange County.

Old 02-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey jeff, what dealer wants to help? I think the rides and stuff would be cool. What are the dates of labor day weekend this year? Sand Mountain, NV is located about 100 miles east/southeast of reno. This is gonna be awesome. Sean

Old 02-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey knutz what if some one showed up with a zxll twinturbo ds will there be a class for him the or will you make him stand in the corner and [write i will not create a monster's any more] 100'000 times ?????????????? just
asking????????????????

PS. will there be flat drags too hill draging gets boreing.
ps. jeff save me a spot in the circle ill be there.
i would see you this weekend but i have to see blackds they were porting his head this week and its not ugly guys it just has charater i checked it out this week i liiiiike.

Old 02-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

I've thought about the stock class, and it's something we can definately do, if enough stock bikes show up.

The ZX11 twin turbo bike would have to run in the unlimited class, against guys like you AZ[LOL]. Then again, we may restrict it to DS motors only, just to keep true to the theme.

Flat drags are more exciting that hills? I think the formal drags will most likely be on the hill, but it's a three day weekend and there may be some flat racing too.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

September is still a good away of but I hope we will be able to get all North Texas and Oklahoma DS's over there to represent. We will try to plan something here soon.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

You gotta love it. The DS riders are getting together to meet each other. I hope we keep this up, bu I do hope that we dont stick to the west coast. We should look into central locations also. To even out the States.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Jeff, big boy runs???? How about " MAN RIDE".

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have nothing against the central U.S., but there is a much higher concentration of DS's out west. I hear stories about folks never seeing another DS while out riding, and when I go out I run into 7-8 every time, regardless of were I ride. It's not an east coast, west coast thing. It's just a second annual thing, and last year this location worked out well.

I spoke to a Bombardier rep, and he loved the idea. He mentioned that he would bring some bikes for demo rides, and then I mentioned that we were already customers, being as this is a Bombardier gathering. I did bring up that it might not be a bad time to unviel anything new they might have in the works. Either way, It sounds like Bombardier is on board in some form or another.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

im sure theres alot more ds in the west .. out here on the east cost iv had my ds for about 9 -10 months and only came across another 2-or 3 not sure ... but its kind of cool because out here in NY no one has seen the ds in action so i always get guys coming up too me checking out the bike ..

but it kills me too see all u ds owner meet up all the time to hit the dunes .. i wish ...

but ill keep riding with the yamaha people and ill dam sure keep reping the bomb to the fullest out here on the east cost....

Old 02-15-2002, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like I'm in . Until my wife changes her mind 5 times between now and then!

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend