CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the west has the most DS's but here in the Central U.S. were growing fast. last laborday I was lined up with at least 15 DS's and 25 Raptors all at the same time in the drags at LS. Talk about an AWESOME sound when all thos thumpers dropped the hammer. I agree that it makes more since to host those events out west, but hopefully in a couple of years their will be enough DS's over here where their will be (2) "DSD650 DAYS". And it will be worth while for Biulders and Bombardier to make it to Little Sahara OK.

I have met DS owners from atleast 10 different states, and the mighty DS is becoming more popular every year.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-15-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Good Point! Maybe we can get together with the eastern ds folks biggerisbetter,as well! Little Sahara sounds like a good place to meet or maybe somewhere east! I think there are a lot of guys out there that don't know about the ds hord! Spread the word!

Old 02-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I think I will make up some fliers and put them at the store's that Cater to the quads at LS. Letting them know about the Event and this Web site for great Information. I think that will bring some new people in with the same goals in mind( Having a great time,and ATVing mix well).

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What town is Little Sahara OK.in ? I would like to look it up to see how far it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

BigWaynester, the Little Sahara that we are talking aboutis in Waynoka, Oklahoma in the Northwestern part of the state.

Old 02-15-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

it's only 914 miles from my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] but it is closer than Sand mountain's 1970 mi[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's only a 36 hour drive for me to Sand Mountain from here in the DFW area!...ouch

Old 02-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

For the eastern DS owners, why not meet up in Michigan at Silver Lake ???? I know its not the biggest place around, but its a sand dune. But, i guess there is a decibel limit or something on exhaust there.. which is retarded.

Old 02-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

That would be good if they didn't enforce that decibel rule. What is it, like 92 or something. I know that there are few ds's in Michigan. It's only 3 hrs for me.

Old 02-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Guy's A East and a west gathering would be good, but I would like to really see this thing get huge this year and then break it down. If we coulg get a big, and I mean a BIG gathering together, it would definatly show the rest of the quad world, including the manufactureres that are not on the DS bandwagon that there are alot of DS's out there and there owners love them AND that they are more than willing to spend money on improvements. I am hoping that we may even be able to get some magazine coverage to help spread the word. Once that takes place then have two BIG events each year that will accomodate both east and west. Or an idea could be to have it switch back and forth like the Shot Show does. Personaly I like the idea of having two events each year better, but only after this one goes crazy. Like Knutz said it is only there because it was there last year and it is now a second anual event. I and we never, ever intended in any way, shape or form, to exclude anyone by distance. It has to be held somewhere and it is going to be one big time, way fun, event.

I also want to add to the event that this should be as much a family event as anything else. I know it would take one great big act of God to keep my brother from coming with me, even if he does ride a reptile thing. The parties, I am sure, will rage and the rides will be great.

If Bombardier steps up and shows it's support of the event, that would really be incredible. I couldn't imagine that they wouldn't want to. Like I read earlier, what would be a better place for them to really hear what their own customers want. What an award would it be to their customers than to debut a new quad to the people that would ultimatly be buying it. Everyone talk to your dealers and try to get them to come as well even if it is to just go and ride. The more dealers there, the more chance we would have of getting Bombardier to do something like that as well. I would like to even invite Greg Row and any one else that races the DS to come. It would be awesome to hear the tricks they have found and maybe even offer some riding tips to improve everyone's skill.

Once evrything gets a tad more developed, is there anyone on here that has some really good flyer development skills? I am thinking if a very good flyer was developed and then have the link put on this thread for anyone to print out and give to people, that would be a great way to spread the word and would give it some continuity in advertising.

Just a few thoughts of my own, nothing official like.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend