CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlackHawk,
Posted some links here

Old 02-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Cool. Thaks Blackhawk.

I have a few answeres to your questions but I dont know how to get a link then add it to a post. IS there a way to cut and paste? Or do I have to write them down then type them in?

Anybody want to put up a link to the EG forum? I know it might not be cool but there is some good info on it too.

Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2002, 04:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DemonDS:

It's tough to describe over the internet hot to copy and paste but I'll try. What to do is:

1. Highlight the text by moving the mouse to the very beginning or end of the text (sometimes it works better from right to left) then click and hold the left mouse button (assuming you haven't switched your buttons - if you never changed it, your OK.) Now drag your mouse over the text while never letting go of the button, and stop when you get to the other end of the text you want to post. Now release the button, but be sure NOT to click anywhere else on the screen. The text you want to copy should all be highlighted now, if it's not, keep trying to select it properly till you've got it right or at least as close as you can. (Some programs will automatically select more than you wanted; don’t be surprised, it’s common – especially in Microsoft products.) Now that your text has been properly selected Click on "Edit" from the toolbar at the very top of Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, and then click on Copy. Now open up a new forum posting where you want to paste this information. Go ahead and put the cursor where you want the information to appear, and then once again Click Edit from the toolbar at the very top of the screen but this time, select Paste. At this point, if you've done it just right, everything you selected will now appear in the message window. Just beware that there are some items that you can read but not copy/paste - generally this will be error messages, and text that is part of a picture. If you're trying to copy and paste web links, you should have no trouble though.

Old 02-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Can anybody give some brief directions to sand mtn? I can make a map which can be posted on Blackhawks website (with Blackhawks help) so that everybody can access it. All I need is basic directions.

Old 02-23-2002, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

JSsDS,
I am not sure where Tulare is but if you use mapquest,just enter Fallon NV.
From Fallon you head east 20 miles,and you cant miss it on the
left.
When you pass Salt Wells on the right(brothel)it is only ten more miles
Jeff

Old 02-23-2002, 04:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JSsDS,

If you make it and send it to me, it'll be up within a day of when I see it. My soon-to-be-wife does all of the actual web work, as I haven't had the time to play with web design software yet. I’m too busy at work and at home posting on these forums. hahah Also if you provide content, it'll speed things up so I wont have to try and create it as well.

I welcome any input anyone has, and the more the better.

Old 02-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

BlackHawk, I just emailed administrator@ds650.net (I assume that's you or close enough) an HTML map ready to plug in to your site with directions from Fallon to Sand Mountain. If anyone thinks we need more detail, I'll be happy to provide it. I've also included GPS coords for those real techno warriors out there (it takes one to know one).

Later,

Old 02-25-2002, 04:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

NeoSirfir,

I should have this information added as well as some more sponsors and some links etc tomorrow evening (Monday evening.) Thanks to everyones individual contributions, I think this event is going to turn out great. Also, administrator@ds650.net works just fine. I bought the domain so that I could have an email address and never have to change (when @home.com told me I couldn't keep the address I'd had for the past 6 years, I was MAD!) so I took all of the cool ones I wanted. Administrator, Admin, BlackHawk. It's good to be king, even if it's only a very small portion of the world.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry for offering and bailing there guys but I don't have internet access at home right now (Tulare SUCKS for internet phone #s) so I had to wait until I returned to work to post. Thanks Neosurfer for picking up where I left off.

Old 02-26-2002, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well people, we've got the map posted, as well as GPS coordinates and links to some of the sponsors, more to come. Thanks to everyone who is helping contribute to the web site and event. Now that I know where this place is, I've got to mull over the idea of a 10+ hour drive to get there for the next couple months. Maybe some of the other people from Southern California will want to set up a caravan or some stuff like that. That'ed be pretty amusing to see a half dozen vehicles going down the road all with DSs in tow.

To see the map...
Click here then Click on the Sand Mountain, Nevada Link

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend