CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What's the deal with the Pro Circuit T-4 slip on

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've read no one has them, do they suck that bad? I've noticed there about the cheapest. Is it a get what you pay for kind of thing.

also

How do you know that it's time for a new air filter? When you come down from a wheelie and a chunk of foam from the filter get caught in the carb and sticks the throttle wide open.

I had to dig the foam out of the carb. K & N here I come.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have a T-4 & I love it, its probably the best you can buy for the price.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

I also have the T-4. Only issue is that under full compression, the swingarm makes contact with the pipe and I now have a small dent in the pipe and worn paint on the swingarm. It's not too loud and seems to be a pretty good performing pipe for the money. I also bought the quiet core, but determined it was useless, seemingly no power gain over stock and just a little quieter.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

Ive got one on the warrior and I love it,sounds great and noticed extra power from top to bottom.

Old 04-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

SandScum...

Shaves off about 8 (whopping) pounds from the stock silencer...nice bark--not too loud...quality design and finish...bought my quad with it already installed so I'm not sure of the power difference from stock but after reading the latest and greatest posts I think I'm definately a little on the lean side especially since I added the K&N. A bigger main jet and needle clip position change is in order. There are some really good threads here that will point you in the right direction for getting it dialed in.

FYI...I definately noticed a difference in throttle response when I installed the K&N...before you put the airbox lid and seat back on start'r up and give it the gas a few times. You'll definately hear the air being sucked in through the box...awesome!

Jim

Old 04-24-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

If I did buy a slip on it would either be the T-4 or the HMF.

Old 04-25-2002, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

yeah i have a 300ex and iv got a supertrapp on it. im looking toward a new pipe what should i put on my 300ex? i was looking at the t-4 it looked nice but...the supertrapp ids 2 looked nice also. im not sure help me out

Old 04-25-2002, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

The quad has much more torque with the T4.

My friends all say it is loud. Hey, I have been listening to their 2-strokes for too long, now it is my turn to make some noise.

Was down at my neighbors tonight and he started up his stock DS and I then remembered what a difference their is in noise.

The pipe is in-expensive, mounts easily, gives good performance, is loud (haven't compared to other pipes)and looks nice. That is the good an bad.

Old 04-25-2002, 11:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Another pipe that hits the swingarm?? What's wrong with these companies?? That's pathetic - must be the same ingineers that work at RWR.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Hey Hightower,
It was your posting about the RWR pipe that made me look. We went to a MX track last week and the suspsension was really working through it's full cycle so I inspected everything afterwards, a-arms, swing arm, axle, ball joints as this was the first real experience with the DS on a true MX track. Sure enough, the pipe takes the corner towards the back of the bike and where it dips down before angling up to the back is where it makes contact. I unhooked the springs and didn't see any wear issues at the joint yet, but i will be keeping an eye on it. As for the pipe, it's not horrible, not like it crushed the pipe or ovaled it out, it put a small crease about 1/8" deep x 3/16" wide x about 1" long in the bottom of the bend. No so bad i wouldn't buy it again, or prevent me from recommending it, just something to be aware of.

Where is Greencastle in relation to Kokomo? I was ot there last week on business and I may be travelling there more frequently. Would it be worth trailering the DS out to catch up with some of you guys on a weekend if I end up out there frequently in the late spring/summer?

Quick Reply: What's the deal with the Pro Circuit T-4 slip on