CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Paddles

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 12:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ppl, getting ready to make a trip from ND to St. Anthony and I am wondering why kind of paddles I should get and where to get them @. I have a 02 Baja, still stock, but getting ready to purchase a pipe before I go too...

Any help will be greatfull, thanks!!!

Old 05-02-2002, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Babymoose.. I have 22-11-10 10pdl Extreem and there great. My suggestion if $$$ is not a big issue would be 20-10-10 10pdl haulers if you like to shoot the hills or 20-10-10 10pdl edge for surfing the dunes. Any paddle will work better than a knobby it just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend and how you want to ride. I have had good luck with Rockey Mountain and Prowlers as far as how much and availability.

Good luck...

Old 05-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have the 20-10-10 8 paddle haulers and they work very well.

I have some sand skate II's on the raptor and I dont really like them very much.

There are some other really good tires, that come from fullerton sand tires, I think that is the place. But I cant remember what tires they are. I am sure some others can give you the info.

Bat

Old 05-02-2002, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

What is the performance difference between the 8 and the 10 paddle???
Also, which ones will hook up quicker the 8 or the 10 paddles???

Old 05-02-2002, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

The 10 paddle will give you quicker hook up. The stock tires on the baja actualy do real well in the sand. I went riding on tuesday with my bro at florence here at the oregon dunes. I raced a stock shee with paddles and a stock raptor with paddles and beat both of them with my totaly stock baja. BOY! oh BOY ! you should have seen the look on their face!!! They could not believe what just happen. After that they would not race me anymore as soon as i showed up on the launch pad they would take off before i got a chance to line up.(hehehe) So if you go to the sand only once a year it would not be worth buying new paddles. sorry i got a little side tracked telling my advanture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info Sand45, I am planning on moving to AZ towards the end of July, so then I will be spending more time in the dunes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

The tires Bat is refering to are paddla brats and they are awsome. They don't throw a lot of sand but the hookup really well. They are kinda spendy but well worth it. They are 21 11 10 and the paddles are cut to order mine are stagger cut so there are 18 half paddles with about a .5 in overlap. fulton sand sports sell them and the owner really knows his stuff there # is 714 898 2049. Have fun at St. Anthonys they are great dunes !!

Old 05-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run 20-10-10, 10 paddle haulers - they hook up as good as you want them too, any more hook-up would be too much. Handle well too, after you get used to the proper body english. Edges handle easier, without sacrificing much in straight line traction. If its a V you want, I highly reccomend the 10 paddle edge from skat trak. If you're all about draggin, get the haulers.

One thing is certain - if you love dragging - and if you go with a pipe, filter, CDI, and 10 paddle haulers - you WILL NEED heavy duty clutch springs. If you don't get them then your clutch will slip at every shift and get worse each race as the oil heats up. They're only another $30.00, you'll wish you had them. The little slip at each shift will let that raptor get you by half a quad length in the 100yrd, and make your fellow DS riders look bad...my appologies go out to everyone for not having them sooner myself...

Old 05-05-2002, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

What kind of sand is everyone running in? I had to go to 22 inch 10 by 10 haulers for the flotation. I ran 20 inch edge 10 paddles and watched everyone leave whil I dug trenches. Sand45 and others I know all run 22's as well and if we ever see a DS at comp with anything less they get embarrassed.

Old 05-05-2002, 05:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run in all kinds of sand - gravel pit sand, lake beach sand, desert sand, you name it, never had a problem with 20" tires. Never had a hill I couldn't climb from a dead stop at the bottom. then again I've never been to Glamis, but I'd be willing to bet I could get up comp hill with my 20" haulers. What pressure do you guys have in your tires?? I run with 3 pounds, can't recall ever diggin myself into a hole, wet or dry...

Quick Reply: Paddles