CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS put the hurt on some Raptors and A Cocky 400EX rider.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I am going to Start with some Quotes from the Raptor Drivers. " Man that thing is damn fast for a Dune Buggy with handle bars" Another Raptor rider " I couldnt belive that big thing was just walking away from every one else" Another Raptor rider " Hey thanks for throwin dirt in my mouth".. The one guy called my DS a Dune Buggy with handle bars. Those were almost fightin words. Of the 3 Raptors I raced all were 2001 Raptors. One was bone Stock. One had just a full fmf exhaust. The other had a full DMC alien exhaust, jetted, K&N,And A digital speedo. Needless to say I beat them all the Majority of the races. Now for the 400ex rider. His 400 was jetted, k&n ,modified air box,Re geared and his baffle pulled out of his stock muffler. The first time we race I am lined up with him And I just let him go. Well I take off and come to find out that my left tire was in some mud. So I take off and my bike wheelies up a little and swerves all bad to the left right towards that mud puddle so I let off of it and turn back away from it and could only catch back up to about a half bike behind him. (We race in a very short feild,Race only last to mid way through me 4th gear)So I get up next to him and he says with a big huge smile "Man its all in the hole shot, ha ha". I was just like lets run again. Thier was no way I was gonna let him think he can beat a DS. So we line up this time im well away from the mud. He goes first. I pull hard right from the start. And in the short field prolly have like 5-6 bike lengths on the 400 giving him the jump. After that all he said was "well I can beat some Stock Raptors" I said sure ya can and rode off.

Old 05-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

At-A-BOY!!!! Give-EM HE11.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

you forgot to tell them about the 2002 that gotcha a few times

Old 05-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

We went to Haspin Acres over this past weekend and I had the same results. If I didn't hit N (which I did a few times), I won every race. Banshee's, Raptors, 250R's, LT250R's, and a very fast Scrambler 500. The only two (sides my buddies (2) Raptors) that gave me any trouble was on Raptor and that 500. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it. The Polaris had a great hole shot and good power all the way to the top. I hit N once and that dang thing beat me. I know he set around the fire talking smack about beating a DS. Which he did I guess. I take that back, he beat ME, not my DS.

Old 05-07-2002, 12:22 AM
Range Rover

BaD660, Me and You race all the time.. I was posting about races with people I have never raced before. And I did say I won the Majority of the Races.. Not every one. The field we race in is too short to make up for a bad hole shot evrry once in a while. But even in that Short feild. If I got takin off the line my DS would pull on every other bike that was thier that day with the exception of the CR 500 that I ran dead even with. Something else about racing thier is that we all just sit thier until someone takes off. We need to have someone off to the side just drop thier arm. So it would make the runs more fair.

Old 05-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have a problem with S.U.Vs. winning some drag races every once in awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (as long as its not against me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) Just messin with you guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

"Dune buggy with handlebars", lol,, thats great!
Have you guys been to haspen lately? Photo I.D's now.. No ****!!

Old 05-07-2002, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO, every dog has his day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2002, 02:31 AM
Range Rover

wshrdskin,

If what you say is true than this dog has been havin its day ever since I bought it. I have yet to find a Raptor that can pull away from my DS. And for that matter havent even seen a Raptor that can stay with me in my 4th and 5th gears. And I have raced a few with Various mods. No major mods, But piped, jetted, filter and air box mods. Not starting any flames with Raptor guies. I know thier are some modded up Raptors that would tear me a new one.. I just havent found one yet. When I do, I'll post how bad it beats me.

Old 05-08-2002, 03:36 AM
Range Rover

HEY BADBOMBARDIER650 I'LL RACE YA IN REVERSE ON MY RAPTOR!!!HA HA NO REALLY, THEY ARE BOTH AWESOME RIDES!!!!!!

Quick Reply: DS put the hurt on some Raptors and A Cocky 400EX rider.