CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

And the winner is???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok.... does anyone else want a piece of my raptor???
DEMON when r we going round 2 ??? walden? i want a rematch!!!! what do u say???

i think im going to do a little "work" to my raptor before this race! keep colorado off the stupid DS map, i'll die before i see my home dunes become infested DS stomping grounds!!!!
it would be a cool if we could get a bigger turn out???

tag ur it!!!!
im out!

Old 07-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

BiggISbetter- Raptorrrc and myself are going to take Texas back!! We have not been sitting on our a$$ since the quad bash at Aledo. The new and improved "superrooster" ( installed a few more steriods) and RRC is now a 686 with my old parts. Just got back from the machine shop in Arkansas. We will be looking for Randy in the next week or so. If all goes as planned we might venture to Louisanna to visit Badassbomb, after that a trip to see DSmike. Everybody better get those alky burners tuned in right cause we left no hp on the dyno. We have found it all.

Old 07-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NAW, naw,naw SuperCHICKEN! not super rooster![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Until I see or here that you took Texas back, its definatly SuperCHICKEN.ok.

And I hope you didn't think you and Raptorrc were surprising anyone, because the first thing I told my wife when we left Aledo was: Mark is going to get ALOT faster, Did you see that derranged look in his eyes.LOL!

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. Don't you ever sleep 3:10am sheesh!

Old 07-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Disturbed,

I'm your huckleberry. But I'm in no position to drive that far to race. But I do think that I could beat you. later.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 07-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, can I come play too ? Sounds like Randy has a machine I need to run up against. It seems like the only guys that have fun racing each other is the DS and Raptor guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] You throw anything else in the mix and it gets pointless and nasty. I'm completely jealous that we don't have any high modded DSs around here. I would love to run up against guys like Scooby and Randy! Someday maybe! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Disturbed660, send my a PM and I'll show you a few cheap tricks on how to pump out a couple extra ponnies.

14mins, I'm still working on getting you those cam numbers. Sorry its taking so long, the guy who does my machine work has been out of town (NHRA Pro Sock Drag Bike Comp. this week). I'll call you Friday with the info. I hope you do take Texas back and if anyone can do it,you will[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm waiting to be knocked off the Nebraska and Iowa Thron myself, but I don't see that happening in the near future, am I being a bit cocky? well yes. But thats only credited to the fact that I have dropped alot of cake into this d@mn money pit of a machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

14mins,

what mechine shop did you get your work done at? i live right at the edge of it.(like 20 mins away) do you have a 727 yet? there is a guy that lives in Poteau with me that has the completly deck out 727 trinity raptor. they told him(gave him a dyno sheet) that he had 80+ hp. and you really don't want to know how bad my DS walks on him. are you racing this weekend? Randy said something about raceing the 1/8 mile at Paris drag strip. can you make it there this weekend? i am kinda planning on going down there to race the DS and my car. it would let you claim texas and oklahoma at the same time.

Old 07-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

14mins,
Just tell us how much you raised everyone rent.LOL

Biggerisbetter.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

More details at 10 p.m. tonight. Got to run. I think this week end might be a little soon. Next week end for sure. This is your warning to be on your toes. RRc and I do not plan on eating crow!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BiggerISbetter- I had just gotten back from the machine shop in Arkansas at 3:00 a.m. when i ran across this thread. Could not leave it alone. I raised the rent on the section 8 tennants. (federal) That way you tax paying DS riders can help my raptor kick butt. I am pumped for sure. have done a lot of reasearch and hours of phone calls in the last 2 weeks. We completely torn a raptor down a month ago to the frame to see how this beast operates.

Old 07-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

DSmike- The shop is in Foreman Arkansas. Raptorrrc has been kicking this idea around for a while. i JUMPED AT THE CHANCE to join in. The local shop that installed my beautiful Trinity parts should not be allowed to work on lawn mowers. I knew something was not right since the fubared head gasket. But it ran good but not like before. I had a croroded choke and carb issues. It was only putting out 43 hp on the dyno at my place. Allthough low numbers no one really produced large numbers that day. Randy's 760 (52.?) Take those numbers with a grain of salt. I really did not run that day as i was a little preocupied. I did run badassbomb and i feel i had him the first 500 feet. He BLEW past me after that. Anyway back to the story- 1 month ago Chris had a tranny problem. Raptorrrc (his dad) has been wanting to completly take apart a good raptor for the thrill of it. Chris's was a good canidate. So apart it came. There is no part that weighs more than 5 pounds now. I mean apart! (10,000 pieces) We had the quad bash in Aledo to have a good time and see who some of the fast players are and what they have done and where they are at. We learned alot. I talked Bob into tearing my machine down to double check everything and find the problems. We did, 1 problem the last shop forgot a few parts that go on the decompressor, and the cam was retared at least 1 notch. It had 140 compression with a 11-1 piston. A stock raptor with 9.2 is higher than that. Well i told chris he could have my old parts (686) for all there help and a stock cam. I figured that since it was coming apart it would be a dandy time to upgrade. Everyone has been running race gas and alky. So i decided to join them. Bob has a real close connection with the shop in Arkansas (his brother owns it) So off bob went Sunday with my parts, chris parts and more parts. I was busy last week ordering the stuff i felt was needed for my quad to get to the top of the short list.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Bob and his brother are wanting to get in this and do it first rate. I am helping the best that i can. We are leaving no stones unturned. We have applied some nasa tech to some of the parts for heat transfer etc. We have cleaned and bead blasted, ground on some parts, lightened some parts etc. We are looking to build fast raptors of different displacement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After a few days of working on parts/combo's some of my parts came in and i ran them to Arkansas last night.(I don't want rrc(Bob) to blow me away with his stuff, so i am doing some of it to mine also) I forgot where this story was headed LOL. I am pumped about my quad!! Can't wait to put it back on the strip. Bob is looking to manufacture these kits if his results prove to be as good or better than what is availble now. We will see shortly. I plan on being ready to run by the 27th with no tuning issues. We have a game plan in action. What size will the 'superchicken' be. Any guesses? What fuel/fuels do you think we will run? Get them tuned boys cause we are not going to settle for 2nd place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what i saw yesterday at the shop, well some stuff shall be secret at this point. Heck i have already rattled off to much. I want every one tuned right so when we blow by we do not have to here if i, or i should have, or my was messed up! This is advance warning. Bob and I did not whine at the quad bash in Aledo. (Take away Randy and Badass that day and the raptors won more)

I did not mess with my Trinity head work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But i did fool around with piston and cam. And at this time i still have that Drop dead sexy Trinity pipe on it. Looks fast parked in the garage. Got to find a way to pay for the pipe without the MRS. finding out. SHe can't leave me cause i would give her 1/2 the debt in a divorce. Her 60 k a year would barley cover the intrest.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

14mins I think that ya'll should come over to LA Dunes, so its close to me, for the weekend and meet badass there. I sure would like you take La for the Raptor side.

Quick Reply: And the winner is???