CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

I will be in a 2003 ram1500 QUAD CAB ,Dark Grey,With a black and red raptor,Im not sure if i am taking my trailer,if i do i will be pulling a 27 foot starcraft trailer,Are you guy's spending the night...I will have a Oceano Dunes flag on my bike..

Old 11-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AngryBajaboy and others i'm sure will be. My brother and I are only going for the day. We will leave sometime saturday night.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

I think i am going for the day but is it a hassel...I might just take my truck tent if i decide to spend the night...See you guy's sat...

Old 11-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We'll be looking for you.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

Rap03, you gotta get some paddles. It's way more fun whipping up on some DS's with em.

Vegas, what happened to all the nice Team Vegas talk? Just as I thought, as soon as the races start, the gloves go on.

Anyway, we'll all be there Sat morning, 5 raps, 1 yellow EX, and 3 polaris'.

Finally a good connection turn out @ Dumont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be in a red and a black chevy HD pulling a 26' enclosed and a black open trailor parked out by the bathrooms closed to the hill on the right.

Bronson

Old 11-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

"I'll be there waiting for all the slow guys to make it to the top of the hill!"

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Vegas650 it's nice to know you wait up for your fellow DS riders!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2002, 02:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've written up some directions that might help some of the LA Guys get to Dumont, without the annoying 'ghost' directions Yahoo and MapQuest add. Read these over & let me know what you think. I just took this route to and from Laughlin, NV over the weekend (Came back Yesterday (Tuesday) so I thought I'd write these up while the route was still fresh in my mind.

14 Fwy North

Exit Pearblossom / 138 East

Turn Right on Pearblossom (This keeps you on the 138)

Turn Left onto Hwy 18 aka: Palmdale Road (important for return trip!)

(this allows you to continue straight, you'll see yellow flashing

lights just before turn)

I-15 North

For Dumont, you take the 127 North at Baker then something about a dirt road approximatly 20-30 miles up. (That is -slightly vauge for someone who has never been to dumont.)

Does anyone have any GPS coordinates of the turnoff and campsite locations etc?

I may decide to make the trek & I think If I do I'll probably just load the DS in the back of my truck & drive up trailerless for speed unless I find a compelling reason to bring it. If I find any good GPS coordinates on the net I'll post them as well, however I'd rather have some 'confirmed' ones by forum members.

The nearest Yahoo / Mapquest mappable location that I was able to find for dumont is this (Be sure to enter it exactly):

Saratoga Springs Rd At State Hwy 127
Baker, CA 92309

Without having been to Dumont, I believe this location is just a little bit past Dumont Sand Dunes, at least according to my crusty old map.

Old 11-21-2002, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well it looks like I am going to Dumont! As for Raptor 03 we will be going right past your place so you can follow us out if you like. I also have room for a couple of people if you need a place to crash overnight. We will be rolling out about 5:00 or 5:30 a.m. ish. Should put us there by 10:00 a.m. at the latest. We will be coming back Sunday afternoon early. Al when are you going to be there and are you spending the weekend? I agot my other set of paddles today so if you still want to try out my Extreme's you can. Blackhawk you are welcome to tag along if you can get your butt out of bed that early. LOL If not you have a place to stay with us up there, if you like.

Old 11-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey i am going to stay at my sisters that night so you guy's can meet me on the peerblossom exit ,She lives in acton and it's the next exit from her house,I still dont have paddels so if anybody has an extra pair I have some cash for there use..Just asking....Anyways hope it's a good turnout and i doubt i will spend the night but we will see how it goes...Hey bro if you want to e mail me your # Samee818@hotmail.com..

Old 11-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Man, that would be fun. Haven't been to Dumont in a good 10 years.. Unfortunately I have to study for finals.. You all have fun.

Quick Reply: Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?