CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

Hey thanks for the Props Dave! it was nice to see and ride with you guy's again. Did larry get his clutch? We never got Gary's tranny to work, so it looks like it off to Baja Doctor! Chris (Blackhawk) & Sam (Raptor03) seem to be a couple of good eggs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We had a lot of fun other than the near Endo's. There wasn't anybody out last night either, except for a few Knarly Rails, it was awesome but damn cold!! Al get those darn oil leaks fixed will Ya!! Get that head and cylinder off this week and get those new bolts!! And to the Raptor boyz, hats of to you lads! Those are by far the prettiest looking Rappy's I have seen yet. And pretty fast too. I have never been beat yet by a Raptor untill this weekend, but if I can get an even hole shot with you guy's I think I barley nudged you guy's out. I decided That my next Mod is some going to be real difficult to do. It's time to shave some weight! No, not the quad, ME! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can't afford any more toys so I guess I am going to have to knock off 40 lbs. But I tell you what I think I just might sell my quad, did you see that Drakart mini-rail there?! AWESOME!!! I have to get one of those with a PSI 995 engine in it! Now just have t o figure out Thanksgiving Talk to you guy's tommorow. thanks for the new memories!!

Old 11-25-2002, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, I've been trying to shave some weight for a while now. It just seems to go the other direction though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. Nope, he did not get his clutch yet. I'll let him chime in and tell that part. The races were great at Glen Helen today but, I think I'd rather have been there. Dumont is a way fun place to ride.

Old 11-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

skin, next time come up and say hi. ryan and I both had Fox shirts on but Ryan had the big Fox head on the back.

Thanks for noticing the rides, you dont hear props from the other side of the fence much. Just goes to show not everyone on here takes everything so seriously.

Angry, as far as the nudging us out, lets settle this next time.

Had a great time with all you out there. We go out just about every other weekend so lets all meet up again and go for round two.

Team Vegas is just getting warmed up , right Al?

Bronson

Old 11-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I noticed the big fox on back. Didn't notice you having a fox shirt on. But at least now I know who was who. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

What's up,What's Up, well i had a great time and enjoyed the sand and yes i too was suprised that the tires did so well,I cant say enough about how nice everyone was,Thankyou for the great experience and i think im hooked ,First time to the sand for me and i loved it...The paddels are on order so i can go a little faster next time,To all the vegas guy's ,Best raptor's I have ever seen,Wish we could have rode more,Im sure i will see you guy's again,To Tony,Chris,Gary,Thanks for being so nice and it was a pleasure to ride with a bunch of talented riders,even though you rode DS'S..(JK)Gary wish i could have rode with you more too and sorry about the clutch>>>>(SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A RAPTOR)P.S Actually thanks for letting the only raptor in the bunch ride with you guy's ,I hoped i changed your mind about the Raptor660,It Rips!!!!!!!!

Sandpig....Heard about you a number of times but im glad to actually meet you..Great Bike..

Eaglecollector and wshrdskin what's up guys glad to meet you, and the bowl riding was awsome ,Was dreaming about it all night,Sorry we couldent stay,Wshrdskin ,tell your son to be cool and thanks for helping out my nephew on some riding tips ,Your kid is a great rider and can go with the big boy's anytime,Hope to see you guy's for thanksgiving at octillo wells let me know,I am suppose to go with angrybajaboy so well see you up there..Peace ..

Old 11-26-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Still no clutch as of yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] My local dealer really sucks. They say that it's boms fault that only one friction plate out of the 7 showed up. So here i sit with the odd plate and one of the 7. One more shot at it tomorrow. They better come through for me or I will go else where for all my OEM bomb stuff.

That is way cool Sam that you and Tony are going to hit the Ocatillowells area with us. Should be another great time. We are going to hit Glamis on Fri. or Sat. for just the day as well. You can try out your new paddles.
The area we stay at is up North Marina Dr. off the 86s hwy. What you do is go just like you are going to Glamis. From the 10fwy take 86 south fwy. This is the one that takes you to Salton City and Brawley. You'll be on the 86s for about 30 minuites before you get to North Marina Dr. You'll know your getting close when you come to Salton Sea Beach. The sign for N. Marina Dr. Is well marked so you can't mis it. If you get to Salton City (Which is the turn off for Anza Borrego and Ocatillo Wells) you went to far. Go back about 2 miles.
Take N. Marina dr. to the North (Right turn) it's black top for a couple miles then turns to dirt. Follow it untill the dirt road starts to go between to small hills. Take the road to the right so that you do not go between the hills. We will be down about 1/4 mile on the left we hope. If not then on the right. AngryBajaBoy knows my rig. And we know his so will see you. I'll leave my cell on so you can call if need be.

Old 11-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

86s for about 30 miles like Larry said. As soon as you see the sign that says Salton City 7 miles. Then obviously in about 7 miles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], you'll see another sign that says Salton City, Population however much, slow down, cause the first street on the right is N Marina Dr. Then follow the rest of the directions. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll be there by noon or so Wednesday.

What to expect in this area. Obviously desert terrain. There will be lots of jeeps that like to climb all the hills day and night. This makes for some entertainment. Theres some jumps, washes to ride and hills to climb. We take rides through the washes and over the hills and try and find new areas we haven't been. We'll take a ride or two over to occatillo wells and check the riding over there. There will also be fireworks from surrounding campers as well as a few from me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you show you'll have a good time, it won't be Glamis or Dumont or any sand dune type fun but It's a good relaxing time none the less. Late

Old 11-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guy's. I am still waiting to find out about this weekend. My one friend is going down right now to look at a Sandrail, and I think if he gets it he is going to want to go sraight to Glamis. I guess as of right now the plan is glamis, so Sam if you want to tag along you are more than welcome. We can hook up with Eaglecollector and Skin on Friday or Saturday. Hey Larry I need your cell number again I can't seem to find it. Sam give me a call at (818)402-6458 tommow afternoon and I should have some info for you Hopefully. Bu if my buddy flakes then Ocotillo wells is sounding pretty good. Talk to you guy's soon.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hay angry,
I answered your PM but not sure if it went through and then it would not let me send again??!! not sure what up with the PM thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. Any way if you go to Dumont (which it sounds like you probably wont) we will be on the main road, left side across from the last finger dune. look me up if you go there and we will tear up the dunes. Cell phones don't work there accept in certain areas.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys I live in Kansas,me and a bunch of friends are going down to Glamis for christmas any of you goin to be down there? I have a 03' baja, there are not that many of us where Im from everyone down here has craptors.

Quick Reply: Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?