CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?

Raptor74LV, consider this as the first offical practice for TEAM VEGAS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BlackHawk that might be the name of the road but unfortunatly there is no sign for the name.

I believe you guys coming through Baker have a Dumont Dunes sign right before the road. Coming from Tecopa in the other direction there is no sign.

As Wash Redskin said, after you go past the small set of dunes on your right you will come to a dirt road on your right. Follow that all the way in .There is only one way to go and it will take you to the right spot.

If you miss the dirt road you will start climbing a hill and you will see a sign telling you haow far Soshone is. If you get to that sign, you missed it.

Tony, please bring those Extremes. Depending on how many of us are going and who is going with who, I should be there between 8 and 10.

Also depending on whose truck we take we may end up parking right at the base of Comp.

It's easier for Dave than having to ride that 500cc Banshee over to the hill.

See you guys there.

Al

Old 11-22-2002, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I'll officially be joining the caravan from the LA area, so there will be one more DS there. Looks like I'll be up before the chickens for this one too! Oh well, I'm sure Dumont will be worth the effort. With this strong of a showing we'll be rivaling DS Days 2002 but on short notice!

Old 11-22-2002, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well we will be hitting the road around 5:00 a.m. Should be there around 10:00 or earlier. I will look for you guys when we pull in. Is everyone trying to park close to the hill? Hey Al are you spending the night? I may have to leave early Sunday, it all depends, around 8:00 a.m. Do a quick burn around the block and split. Anyway you can't miss my trailer now! Aith my new flag pole I just finished, There is a Wyoming flag and an Angry Baja Boy flag on it with a Green flashing strobe on top. Hey Raptor03 my cell# is 818-402-6458. Let's go have some fun shall we!!??

Old 11-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

See yall there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Had a great time, like usual. Nice to meet the guys that I didn't already know.

RaptorRyan and his crew are a great bunch of guys even though they ride Raptors![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And they're fast too![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Almost everyone on the Bomb side had some kind of problem (including myself). Guys my left ear is still ringing!

A couple of guys landed hard on one run, I hope everyone and there bikes are OK.

I will be out agian on Fri. If anyones there you can find me at the hill trying to win a few races![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2002, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

Fast and RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK

Had a great time. Good to see some connection members finally made it to the same spot.

Sorry 'bout the breakages.

Till next time!

Bronson

Old 11-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad I finally had a chance to run the famous "Sand Pig"............... I did'nt win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] oh well guess I need a bit more than a high comp. piston & a cam to be in Al's leage!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All the DS guy's were great, and Team Vegas got It's first practice in!!! It's was fun guy's we should meet up more often.............The more the merrier!!!!

Old 11-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Vegas650,
I'll be there at the same place (selling whips), stop be and say hi. maybe we can even get a ride in.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor74LV
Fast and RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK

May not be reliable, but at least it runs!
Bronson
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What a great place to ride. I will be returning many times. Thats as close to the type of dunes that St Anthonys has that I have seen and I love it.

I got to ride the Sandpig up comp hill and just smoked my brother Larry on, oops, he was on my Raptor. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] thanks for letting me do that Vegas650 it was great to ride a fast ride.

I raced both RaptorRyan and Raptor74LV and I can't wait to put in an 11-1 piston and a cam. They flat out blew me away by 4-5 bike lengths. You proly didn't know it was me cause we never talked but I got spanked a couple times by you guys. I had a black and white Raptor with an ATV connection flag. You both have sweet looking Raptors. Who had the fox shirt on?

Raptor03 (Sam) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] see I remembered your name. Another great person from these forums and a heck of a rider. Had holeshots on and was right on everyones azz during the rides and you could tell he knew how to handle his quad. You should race at Glen helen this next race in December you could do well in the begginer novice class I think.

Blackhawk (chris) and Bombastic (gary?) had a bit of misfortune by going off a drop off unexpectedly, chris fared ok but Bombastic broke his tranny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Didn't get to chat with these guys as much but could tell they're great people.

AngrybadazzBajaBoy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] has a sweet ride. He was gracious enough to let us Raptor pukes get on his quad in a big bowl and have some fun. What a difference some good shocks make. Gotta get me some of them, oh yeah, he has a pretty fast bike also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. He's also a good leader up front on the dune rides, knows when to circle the bowls to let everyone catch up as to not lose anyone. My son pointed that out to me even though he was on angrys azz all the time LOL.

Thanks for the great time. Looking forward to the next visit at Dumont and it won't (shouldn't) be for just the day.

Don't worry I'm not defecting, but I wouldn't mind having a ride like Tonys.

Quick Reply: Dumont! Nov. 23rd & 24th. Anyone want to come along?