CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

waiting to hear azsand tell how it was

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waiting to hear azsand tell how it was

The only thing I was disappointed about was that I didn't get to go! However, whoops, no whoops, groomed whoops whatever, it's all a matter of expectations.

The "expectation" was that the woops whould be groomed. And they weren't. It could easily be argued that the riders didn't have time to re-tune their suspension for the conditions. I mean think about it. If your told that your doing a hill shoot drag race with no whoops, your going to set your bike up a certain way. If your told your going to run a hill that has a nasty whoop section, your going to set your bike up completely different to make sure you can keep the traction to the ground!

for some others with stock suspension, they just don't care or don't know any better.

The problem with the whoops is a ligitimate b!tch. I do not blame those who chose not to run. It doesn't make them a weenie for not doing it. They are simply choosing to protect their investment, and their bodys.

About letting the kids run, that is simply irresponsible! That is a huge liability! If something were to happen it would be considired gross negligence by any court.

-Tom

Old 01-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I raced up Olds (after a 20 mile dune cruise) with my stock shocks and a friggen BROKEN BACK wearing a back brace, chest protector, and 3 kidney belts......and kicked ***!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

blueleader your the MAN!!!!

i chose not to race because i don't race MX or DUNE ride. i do not do any that could lead to my wheels(front or back) leaving the ground. i only flat drag where it is smooth. I only went to meet everyone and wanted to see if the bikes there are any faster than the ones here. i knew there where going to be whoops when i left. i don't feel cheated. i got to race several people and have a good time. i also thought i would go to show that RWR does build FAST STOCK BORE bikes.

Old 01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well whoops or no whoops it dosent matter we did run the true draggers on banshee hill !! and sandmans rifght im normaly very vocal or at least thats what people say so heres what you wanted!!!!

Frist of all the king and hargrove and the crew spent a whole lot of money trying too see that everyone had a good time they got you all the best of everything ohtons dyno a film crew, trophys is there any one out there that can say they were being selfish in any way NO at the last minute some tree huggers threatened the blm who was behind the event and the blm folded for there legal reasons?? but it was way to late to cancel would it have been better for the king to just say guy's lets just go home or lets try and salvage something of our weekend ? well i for one think he did a great job he was in no way resposable for sparks actions and just tried to keep everthing smooth as not to
jeprodize next years event(i know i screwed that word up)any ways what im saying is no one loves stabbing the king more than me but i think he did his best under the circumstaces and deserves applause not critsizim and ill assalt him when he needs it

And PS i took all of them fast bikes on the smooth hill so thats a non factor!!!!!!!!! opps except scooby no sir did not do that!

AND as for the best of everthing " BANSHEECHICK" no disrespect charlie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

dsmike, it was great meeting you and I had a GREAT time too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Your post says it all.

Jiggle on!!!

Old 01-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

blueleader i want a JIGGLE racing shirt. how can i get one?

AZSAND when did you start racing up the hill? i should have stuck around for awhile. iwent out to the flat drags and competition hill. i missed scooby racing and everything.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't go to FSW but I have to say that all weekend - fifteen minutes didn't go by without me thinking of it. Next year they can fire me IM *%#@$# GOIN!!!

On to my point...The Texas guys as well as others drove a long way to attend the event. After reading their many posts over the years I sumized that they are seasoned veterens in the sport. However, I assume most have never raced through a set of sand whoops under full power. I'm sure they know how to and have rode through whoops before but racing WFO through them is way different. It takes more then a weekend to perfect and doing it for the first time while worrying about the other guy running into you is no way to practice.
The Rappys on the other hand were on home turf and have run the hill easly over 100 times. Suspension - no suspension, they're good at it period.
Bottom line, much was learned here, take the knowledge home (where ever that may be) and use it to prepare better for next year. Hopefully you all see fit to come back again next year....

Old 01-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wanna add my 2 cents! I had a GREAT time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I met a lot of really nice people. I played in some of the coolest dunes in the U.S. (It was my second time out and I still haven't seen them all.) I tore up a front shock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ( Thank you so much, AZSAND, for helping to get me back in the saddle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). I got to listen to lots of guys talk about the sweat and blood that went into building their bikes. I've laughed about the guys drooling over Scooby's dyno results[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. And I'm still scratching my head over the races[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. You just can't ask for a better time than that!!

DuneDancer

Old 01-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Okay am i talking to dsmike or steve because i would hope your refering to the fact i had a rider!!because dsmike did not ride his bike either but my bike did beat steve on the hill on your bike mike and thats a fact!!!and i would hope im taking this wrong because it sounds like your trying to say i did not beat your bike!!! when in fact my bike did. And i did not lie about you taking me at the drags and i would hope that is not the case here i gave no excuses about my loses and would hope you wouldn't either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] i would hope i took this wrong but from my angle it don't look good!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Angry baja ....lay off mystereid i was there to see scooby run a few time againts the black sparks raptor!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: waiting to hear azsand tell how it was