CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Traxter Max

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxter Max

Has anyone Purchased the Bombardier Traxter Max? If so what do you think?

Old 03-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Range Rover
Default Traxter Max

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Hello Arancini, So, the Max caught your eye too. Being an older gent with wife i was intrigued
by it also. I did a lot of research on the ROTAX engine which is made in Austria & found it to be of good design & reliability. I never got a chance to ride one but i did look one over good , in fact several times. Also showed it to my wife & told her if she would ride it with me, i would consider buying one to show her some of the milder trails we ride on in the high desert country of Ariz. Some beautiful country & i wanted to share it with her.But she wanted me to buy whatever I wanted for myself , so i ended up with a Polaris Sportsman 600. She does have a slight neck & back problem, & she goes back in the desert with us , but in a jeep. Also she's always ready to go on the back of my Vulcan Nomad. Plus , there's plenty of room on the back of my 600. Ooop! I almost forgot, i don't have the Polaris anymore. It was stolen last week. If interested you can go to my post at Polaris under STOLEN ! Sportsman 600

Old 03-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Traxter Max

I purchased a traxter max in January 03. My wife doesn't get off to just riding a atv, so with her in consideration, is why i purchased the traxtor max. It runs great, and for a two seater its wonderful. Compared to a ATV, with the longer wheel base, i spend a lot of time winching my polaris sportsman 500 buddies off of fallen logs when they get caught on high center. with the longer wheel base just drive over a 10-inch log, 6-8-inches off the ground, and just keep motoring. the only gripe i have with only a 100-miles on the machine is the brakes squeak all the time. i've heard other owners have the same problem. i've tried to put on the brakes, while giving it throttle to clean off druns, both front, & rear, and it doesn't help. just because of the 2-seater, and such a good name with other products, i would do it again. East Texas Piney Wood Rooter.

Old 03-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Traxter Max

Picked up my Traxter Max on Friday. What an awsome machine. I am 200# and I drove with another 220# person on back. I did not even know he was there! Great power and stability. The kids in the area all want to race "The Big Machine".

Old 03-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Traxter Max

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Congratulations Arancini on your new ride, I think you have a good machine there. It must be if they picked it for the Italirod dog sled trail ( 1100 mi.) in Alaska.Secure it good my friend ,
don't lose yours to theives like i did . Also look at insurance. If you feel like it, keep us posted on your rides & Max. Happy Trails , Jerico1

Old 10-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Traxter Max

Jerico, whats this about using the Max in Alaska? Where can I find info on this and/ or other Maxx performance or problem info? Thanks