CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

1 Problem keeping me from riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 Problem keeping me from riding

It will idle great, when i put it in gear and give it the throttle it just dies....and its not in carburetion. Any ideas?

Old 03-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

does your bike stall when in nuetral and revved??? ive had a similar problems .. and have you changed battery cables?? if so check your negative ground to frame and make sure it has a solid connection, make sure your ground isnt on frame paint or check for loose connection possoble bad connections on neg or possitive.

Old 03-16-2003, 03:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok bear with me as I am trying to remember what Toby (itsfast) is saying and type it at the same time. A friend of his had a Blaster, and it ran great. One day while Toby and the guys ( before I came along ) were out at the track, and they noticed that it was running at higher rpms, or so it sounded. Well Toby thought it was the octane booster, and that they had mixed it wrong, but then after inspection it was revealed that it was perfect. So they rode on, until after a jump which resulted in an off camber landing with all the weight on the swingarm, the bike would not move. The result was just as hoover states, it idled just fine, but when the throttle was tapped it would just start smoking and would not rev. Well the bike went to the house and work began, checked carberator and all fuel and oil related hoses. Well everyone was stumped. But one day when he was working on it alone Toby noticed that the back brake pads were locked into the engaged position. He started up the bike, and gave it some gas and same noise happend, he then manually disengaged them with a flat head screwdriver, and gave it gas, and for some queer reason it ran perfect again. May not be the same thing that is going on here, but just thought we would try to lend a hand.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thats not it....even though it makes sense for a blasters brakes to lock up.
I cant figure this one out. Somebody else have an idea? Hightower, you gotta know!

Old 03-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the swotch in the clutch lever that lets you start in gear. it could be part of your problem.