Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Are these quality ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these quality ATV's

I've been looking at the ATV's at Raceway and have a few questions.

I'd like to get answers from both Raceway ATV as well as current owners of the Yamoto or Kazuma ATV's.

The prices are significantly less than the Yamaha's, Honda's, Suzuki's, etc... which makes me wonder about the quality. I don't want to have to buy new ATVs in a year because these are broke down.

1) Are these quality ATV's?

2) What ATV would be best for a five year old boy (I'm presuming the 50)?

3) What ATV would be best for a 12 year old boy?

Thanks,
newtoo

Old 10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Dear newtoo:
In regard to your questions, I believe 100% when it comes to 150cc's and down that theses ATV's can stand with all the rest. They are durable and good looking bikes. With 6mo. front to back warranty's like the big boyssss! If you take care of them I don't see you having any problems with them. You can buy a Honda or another brand and if you do not take care of the unit they will fall apart just as fast as anything else. For the price they are unbeatable. You are looking for a 50 I see so there is not much to do to them, But when it comes to the 110's or the 150's for the price you get a great ATV. And if you were to put a couple of dollars into them you can really make them perform even better. Check around the forums most people are very happy with the units. You will find some bad reviews here and there but A! ya can't please everyone. Just to keep in mind Kazuma is coming out with a 55 ATV in about a month or so. Looks really good. Bigger, faster, front and rear disc brakes, front and rear suspension, a lot of new things done to it. I will keep you posted. And sorry I do not like to recommend bikes for certain ages, but we do list a seat height for all of are units I hope that helps you out. Good luck with whatever bike you pick!
All The Best.
www.racewayatv.com

Old 10-28-2004, 01:02 PM
JBR
Weekend Warrior

I agree with John @ Raceway. At least for the present. My daugther has about a month on her Kazuma 150R and it is working fine. Even my son likes it over his Timber Wolf. You should read my post " My review-Kazuma 150R" in the Kids Quad section. Cheers JBR

Old 10-28-2004, 01:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

newtoo, Welcome to this forum. As for your quad size question's. I would reccomend a 50 for the little guy and a 150 for the 12 year old.
Now having said that here is my disclaimer. I dont know your kid's, size, maturity level, common sense level, hand eye coordination, etc... Also I dont know what laws affect you and your kid's quad use so they are reccomendation's only. Some kid's in my opinion will never be old enough to ride a quad. Just for the record both of my boy's started riding dirt bikes at 4yr's old, only after they showed me that they could ride a bicycle without training wheel's.

Are these quality atv's? In my opinion they are. You know that old saying, "you get what you pay for". I think that truly applies here. I think that the japanese entry level quad's are a little over priced for what you get. I think that the Yamoto's are a little under priced for what you get. They are definitely a great deal for the money.

I could go on with more detail's but I would just be repeating myself from other post's. Go to "kids quads and other atv's" and look up Yamoto 150 review, in there myself and many other's have posted their opinion's on yamoto's. You wont question reliability after reading dirtforashirts review of abuse.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for all the replies.

JBR and mywifesquad, I will definetely check out the posts you mentioned. These will be the first quads in our family.

The wife and I will be getting the Japanese Quads (probably Yamaha) early in the spring.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

newtoo

Old 10-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Guys and Girls, I'm very new to this and I'm looking very had a getting two good Quads. The situation is like this, I want to get one for my daughter and I. I think a 110cc or a 150cc with throttle governor for my daughter and was wondering if a Kazuma RFX-150cc would be quite good enough for myself both for physical size (5 feet 7 inches @ 170Lbs) and power for an adult. If it were advised to obtain a larger Quad then should I consider the more powerful RedCat FX-250cc? Your candor and input would be most appreciated.

Old 11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

What do you mean by put a few dollars in? I am waiting on delivery of a similar bike for a xmas pres this year, and I have been looking for a site that sells add-on goodies for these machines. Can you be specific about the recommended add-ons? Do you stock and sell them? I may not have purchased the same machine from the same maufacturer (I've found over 20 different ones from China so far, and they all appear identical) They are all based in the Yamaha engine design I believe. If I am wrong, plesea correct me, and if I am correct, can you point in the right dierction for aftermarket parts? Will old Yamah parts also work?

Kubcat

Old 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

I still think there based off of the old and new honda 4 and 2 wheel bikes.
If you look at the first link the motor lools almost idenical to the motor in my 70.
The second link is the tech specs of the xr 70 motorcycle, notice the bore and stroke.
The third link is the tech specs of the 70cc atv, notice the bore and stroke.

I'm about 99.9% sure that parts will fit. If I had the money I would buy a pipe for the xr70 and give it a try.

As you can see that I have done a lot of research on this.
The only thing I can't find is any thing on shaft driven transmisson upgrades. If anyone know's please share.

HONDA KNOCKOFF ENGINE

HONDA XR70 DIRT BIKE

YAMOTO 70CC ATV

If you have any questions please ask
Roman

Old 11-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Defcon:
You have did your research! You could not have hit it any better!!!!!!!!!! The Honda 70 dirt bike is what we used to match up an after market pipe! It's real funny you said that!!! This is the style of motor all of these companies are using in there 110cc models. I have not had the time to really get into the shift driven transmission upgrade's myself. But right after the holidays I will be working on it. But you have been 100% with everything you have posted!
Raceway ATV is working on a page for are website that will have everything that we have tried and what has worked for us. I hope this will help people out. I am hoping to have the page up in about 30 days.

And Kubcat, When I said add a few dollars to the units, I was talking about adding a pipe, jetting the carb, even changing the air box. A few little things we have been testing and over all the bikes been performing a lot better. I will be add all of this to the site soon!
Thanks guy.
All The Best

Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

John
Have you figured out what wheels will fit on these machines yet.
Thanks
Roman

Quick Reply: Are these quality ATV's