Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Thinking about picking up a 90cc kids quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006 | 11:24 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Thinking about picking up a 90cc kids quad

I have been thinking about picking up one of these quads for my son and would like to get some opinions of current owners. I was comparing the mini 90, the Kazuma reg and deluxe mini 90, and the Kazuma Meerkat 90. My son would be riding in a large yard with little incline. I will throw some quirks in his riding area as I see fit. I would like to get him plenty of experience riding and getting the basics down before he gets of size for a larger atv and hitting the trail. My first thoughts are all are roughly the same dimensions and I would asume about the same weight. All e-start and autos mated to basically the same 90cc 4-stroke. Looks like all have an emergency cut off from behind. The mini 90 has a remote cut off which looks good to me as I would much rather sit back and watch whats going on overall instead of from behind. Can anyone give their personal experiences of these quads? Thanks!
Gary

Old 05-30-2006 | 07:48 PM
Range Rover

You might want to look at Eton or Kymco. My daugter has a Viper 70 and I can't say enough good things about it. I also have 2 Chinese quads. The Eton will have excellent resale and you will not have to work on it after you ride it. A used Eton, or Honda is recommended if he won't be on it long. Kids grow out of quads like they grow out of shoes. There is a very big difference in the quality.

Good luck!!

Old 05-30-2006 | 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Gary how old and how big is the child riding the quad? The meerkat 90 is the smallest quad on the market. It is very reliable but only good for 4-6yo. They will quickly outgrow it. These quads are as good as the person setting them up. If you spend the time to set them up right they will last. I have a few and have had alot in the past few years to see what holds up and what dont. The Mini falcon is pretty good. If the child is a little bigger like 6-8yo the SUNL mini delux is very good. I have a name brand and a few Chinese quads. The name brand has had very few problems like loose bolts but thats it. The chinese just need a little more maintenance and attension but if you can turn a wrench they are worth the money. Expecially if its the childs first time. I cant see spending over 2k for a first time quad. Now my sone is getting more agressive and has about 2 yrs riding he has a name brand to be agressive on. On the other hand if he is just putting around the yard or field he rides the Chinese one. So depending on the age and size of the child will determine which one is right for them. Some are more reliable than others.

Old 05-30-2006 | 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

I recently bought a kazuma mini falcon delux($779) and am VERY happy! As stated above just take your time and loosen all the nuts and bolts and apply thredlock to them before tightening them and use some nonconductive rtv silicon for connections and replace the sparkplug and oil beforerunning and you should be all set. It is a blast to ride and is the best looking by far in my opinon. My kids love it and I have fun warming it up for them. Mine is now broke in and I changed the oil again after first 10hrs and runs great! I was doing donuts on it just the other day in the driveway and I am around 180lbs, gravel was flying everywere.

Its mainly for my girl that is 8 but my 5 year old boy rids it too and it fits them both perfectly. The speed is easy to set(screw) so you can adjust it between two riders at different experience levels.