Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 250 Sport Quad (PRE-PRODUCTION!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Jetmoto 250 Sport Quad

I just picked up the prototype 250 last nite. Im changing the oil as I type and hope to fire it up tonite.

First impression is it definitely looks the part. Whole new frame/swingarm/A-Arms/front-rear/suspension. 10" wheels. Resevoir front shocks and a linkage set up for the rear shock. The rear suspension must have 8"-9" of travel and is soft, not sure if its too soft but we will see. The front shocks are way too soft and dont have enough travel. 4.5" just doesnt match the rear suspension travel at all. I havnt ridden it yet but clicking thru the gears while rocking it back and forth. Im pretty sure its a 4 speed.

I will be taking it to my local riding area (Carnegie SVRA) this Sunday to ride it as hard as it will allow. Ive got a few riders lined up, and we will try and ride it non stop for 6-8 hours. I will let you all know how it goes. And I will get some pics with different size riders on it.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

I know u like that one!

Old 10-13-2006, 09:15 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Update: My 250 quad has some engine problems. Not sure if its carb related or not. Scary part is it was run before I got it and when i drained the oil there was less than 1/2 a quart of oil in the engine. It is very important to not even crank these engines over with the stock oil in them. I will be working on it tonite and will post my results tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Jetmoto 250 Sport Quad (PRE-PRODUCTION!!)

After reading my 2 posts again I realized I might be misleading a few people. This 250 Jetmoto quad is one of 5 in the whole country. 3 are oil cooled(I have one of those) and 2 are not oil colled. I was given one to find any and all problems before the 250 quad is released for production. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this 250 Jetmoto sport quad is not available to the public yet and wont be available until I and a few others find and fix the problems. Im headed outside right now to figure out why mine doesnt run right. I will report back what I find and will post a pic or 2 of it tonite also.

John at Raceway......Of course I love it.........Im even keeping this one for me!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Of course......I may need to change my nickname to MYQUAD!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to see this one! Here is hoping for a good one.

Looking forward to the pics and the report.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I got the 250 running last nite with a carb change. Its not perfect but is running good. I have been told not to share any pics of the quad yet because the whole project is top secret. I will try to describe it as best I can. Ill start from the front. Totally new A-arms that pivot on needle bearings and the bottom ones are reinforced and look real strong. The front shocks need more travel and stiffer springs, but are still nicer than anything currently available. Gold remote resevoirs and they are totally rebuildable. The front tires are 21X7X10 and have a nicely agressive tread pattern. The frame itself is completely new and the footpegs/foot area is changed. The foot pegs are like what comes on japanese sport quads. Steel with a saw tooth arangement for good grip. The engine is a bored/stroked(not exactly sure) 200 and for now shares the same carb/pipe as the 200, as well as the 4 speed tranny. The muffler has been changed and looks a litttle nicer than the current one on the 200. The swing arm/ rear shock is completely differeny and the swing arm pivots on needle bearings just like the front a arms. Not sure about the shock linkage pivots but I might take them apart next week. The swing arm is like nothing Jetmoto has ever made before and looks very nicely done. The rear tires are 20X10X10 but seem like 21X11X10 tires to me. I sure wish I could show everyone pics because this quad is very impressive looking. I am still taking it riding tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

We're anxiously awaiting the 250!!!

Mine: 03 Raptor 660
Daughter's: 06 JetMoto 125 (Mod for Racing)
Others: 92 250x, 97 300x (Mod for Racing)

Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drat no pics.

Anyone out near Newman CA with a long telephoto lens for some spy pictures????

LOL!

So no pics, but I assume that you can still let us know how it performs?

Darrin

Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Ive now got about 2+ hours on the 250 myself and my son has another 2+ or so hours on it. As it is it has a few flaws but thats the reasoning behind the preproduction versions. Like I said in my first post, the front suspension is very soft and it has about 1/2 of the rear suspension travel. What is amazing is even with the over soft suspension the quad rode very well. It has about a 3 inch longer wheel base than the 200. Is a little wider (measured out side the tires) than the 200 is with 2" wheel spacers on it. The foot pegs are about 3-4" lower than the pegs on the 200 in relation to the seat. This made it easier to stand up on than the 200 for me. I felt more comfortable on this quad than the 200 by far and it reacts to bumps much better too. The engine is strong and pulls harder than the 200 but this quad is geared a little tall right now and will be real nice with a slightly larger rear sprocket. I realy wish I could show you all some pics of this quad. The frame and suspension is completely new and it really looks Sweet too. Basically all it needs to be really nice is a larger rear sprocket, a little more front wheel travel and stiffer springs/damping.

I think this quad will fit the bill for most looking for a larger, lower priced quad alternative. Im not sure if this is a true full size quad, but compared to rest of the Jetmoto line up it is definitely larger. If the early models are a 3/4 full size quad, then this is a 7/8 full size quad.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 250 Sport Quad (PRE-PRODUCTION!!)