Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 250

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 250

Go the Jetmoto 250 today and worked on getting it all togther. Everything was pretty much there except for a couple of missing nuts that a trip to the hardware store will fix. A couple of things I would like to ask about.
I am glad I got the 07 model, because if it is larger than the 06 model then the 06 would have been too small. Even this 07 dosent seem very large to me, but it does fit nicely.

There were no assembly instructions and the manual doesnt cover everything about the bike.
I cant figure out how to hook up the front light. There are 3 wires for each light (six total). The wires that they appear to connect to under the front cover dont match in color and there are only five wires to connect to. How do I know which to connect to and what about the extra wire? So does someone know how to hook up the headlight wires?
Also there is a snap connect in the same location that has no apparent mate- looked everywhere and dont know what it is for.
The headlight cover doesnt fit tight, but I will work on that some more tomorrow.
The other issue right now is that I cant get it to start. It will pop like it is going to start but it doesnt. I took the plug out and its getting fuel, but I noticed that the insulator around the electrode has a chip missing. Maybe this will fix the problem.
On the engine oil, can I use standard engine oil, like Mobil one or its equivalent? How do I change the gear oil?
More tomorrow...
Please help if you can,
Thanks

Old 01-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jetmoto 250

Regarding the lights and their cover: The plastics are not a jetmoto exclusive. They're used on many different chinese quads. The same is true of the lights as they are part of the front cover and come with the plastics, so to speak. I believe the lights are wired to accomodate a two position switch, should the manufaturer use one in their switching gear. The jetmoto, at least as to the 06 150 my daughter got for Christmas, uses a one position light switch.

I'm not sure what colors of wire the 250's wiring harness has but the 150 had green and brown. The wires from the lights were blue, green and white. It was trial and error but I connected mine green to green and brown to blue. I taped off the white wires from the light.

You mention five wires in the bike's wiring harness. As I said above, I only had four - two green and two brown. If you have a one position light switch I bet you only have 4 wires and the 5th goes somewhere else. I cant tell if the switch is the same looking at the web pics of the 250.

Here's a little warning though, I tried to crank the 150 before I installed the lights. It cranked but I accidentally hit the light switch while it was idling. It blew a fuse. This was before I even thought about looking for the light wires. Well it turns out that when the plastics were installed, a couple of wires were between the plastics and the frame up front. One was one of the hot wires from the bikes light switch. So, it is possible that one of you wires is stuck between the plastics and the frame.

There were no assbly instruction with the 150 either - aside from a relatively useless owner's manual.

I dont know about tightness of fit but here is how mine is laid out. The bottom of the front plastics (where the light mounts) is connected to the front of the frame. There is a box in that part of the plastics that is/was used on some bikes as a filter location. It was used as nothing on the but I snorkeled the cvt breather there. That box has a lid with 4 spring metal clips used to secure the lid. On top of that, the light assbly installs. There are some male protrusions on the bottom of the light assembly that insert into their respective slots. It takes a little finesse at times to get the male/female parts to align and fit properly (isnt that always the case [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). The assembly is finally held in place by two screws. There should be two slip nuts (or whatever they're called) for the two screws.

If you still cant get it to run after changing the plug, you may have to do some adjustments on the carb. There should be plenty of general info on that on the kids quads forum. Have a look at this post here.

Rodney

Old 01-26-2007, 12:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Jetmoto 250

quadster1,I use conventional motor oil in all of my current Jetmoto quads but will probubly use AmsOil 10-40 4 stroke oil in the 250. After breaking it in on Valvoline 10w-40.
Im going to update the assy instructions and get them to Eugene after I put mine together next week. How is your 250 doing?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 250

Quadster1 if you shoot me an email with a phone number I can go over everything with you..