Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma 90cc mini falcon battery problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007 | 06:37 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 90cc mini falcon battery problems

after finally fixing one of my sons kazuma 90cc falcon the other has now developed a fault, suddenly it just wouldnt start, however I noticed the fuse connection had come loose on the battery so I then reconnected it and it still wont start lots of ticking from the solenoid but no turn over. I then connected my other sons battery and heypresto it now starts.
I have his battery now on charge, but my question's are how would it lose charge? if I was to now connect it back up after a days outing would it lose power again and fail to start. what is present on the atv that charges the battery and how can I test them, is it as simple as putting a meter on the battery when running and if higher than 12 volts etc its charging? or do these types of ATV's have a charging function? wouldnt/dont know so would appreciate as much help as possible. looks as though I'm only going to have one ATV working each time I go out.

Kazuma ATV,s are great mechanically but poor electrically
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2007 | 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

First off in most of these Chinese quads the batteries are junk. Some have good luck and alot dont. I have had alot of these quads adn most have been good with batteries but i have had a few fail. The best thing to do is go to walmart, pepboys or advance and get a 4lbs battery. Alot of these quads with the remote start/kill will kill the battery after a few days of sitting because of the slow drain from the remote start unit. They give you battery tenders that should be used on these units to keep a full battery charge while sitting. In your case I think you just have a bad battery. To check the charging system you can use a DVOM to see if the quad is charging. It will have about 13v at idle and as you rev it should go up to about 14.7-15 volts. I would just get a new battery and go from there. I think you would be fine.

Old 05-08-2007 | 04:17 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks again for the info, the battery was in fact shot as I couldnt get it to charge. there also wasnt any liquid in each of the cells, however rather than topping up I will purchase a new one today.

cheers

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know what battery to fit to the 90cc mini falcon, just bought a new one but before I add the acid and void the return I wanted to confirm if it will work. its a varta ytx7a-bs which I believe is 12volts has a battery cpacity of 6ah and a cold cranking current of 50amps