Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Just Bought 2 From Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought 2 From Raceway

We just bought the Kazuma KMZ 150 Dingo and the Jetmoto 250 Hunter. They are Christmas presents for me and my son. I just ordered them yesterday. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice for me?
Hopefully they come with full instruction manual. Is there a break in period for these?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum gone64! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Your off to a good start buying from Raceway. There are endless posts here on how to make a Chinese quad as trooble free as possible. Loctiting EVERY bolt that has either a phillips head, a 8mm hex head and or a 10mm hex head. Those are mainly all the bolts that hold on the plastic boday and all the mounts associated with it. The hunter has a lot of bolts holding on the rack's and those need loctite also. (blue loctite) You will also need to change the oil, I use Valvoline 10w-40 in all my Jetmoto's and honda thumpers. Its a good idea to replace the fuel lines and fuel filters. Filters may be ok. Rubber gas line is very poor quality and wont last more than a couple of months. Dont know how the Chinese can make a decent tire but cant figure out fuel line?

The manual is sort of helpful once you get them together but not much help putting them together. There is no type of service manual that I know of but there is a lot of info on this forum. I would ask Raceway if they have assy insrtuctions for either of the quads. I know they had instructions for the '06 Jetmoto's but dont know if they made them for the '07 models. If they dont have instructions ask fior the '06 instructions. They will help you with most of the assembly. If they dont have that I might still have it on file and I could send it to you.

For break in I would suggest taking it easy for the first tank of gas. Then it should be good to go.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks so much for your response! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So you're saying that I should change the oil in the brand new bikes?
Also, yesterday they sent in the mail, some upgraded replacement jets for the Kazuma. Is there any info on how to install these?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

There are several things that the Chinese put in these that is of real low quality that needs to be replaced asap. I did run mine for a few minuets on the original oil but then changed to a 15-40. Other items that you may want to change are Spark plug, light bulbs (seem to burn out quick, many replace the chains (I have not yet and still seem to be fine). Also you may want to Slime the tires.
Let us know what you think of the Hunter, I have not read to much in the way of reviews of them and always wondered as to how they are and how they hold up in the real world.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks outofline,

Sounds good, I will definately let you know about the Jetmoto. The Kazuma gets delivered on Monday.

Slime the tires?? I'll have to look that up!

Oh yeah, does anyone one know the size of the plug, maybe Ill go ahead and get them tonight.

Thanks again!

Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have found this brand works the best, well it has for me any way and it's cheaper then Slime and you can get it at Walymart!

Simonize Slimehttp://www.amazon.com/Simoniz-ST-2-Sealtite-Tire-Sealant/dp/B000MUQBA6

Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gone64

Oh yeah, does anyone one know the size of the plug, maybe Ill go ahead and get them tonight.</end quote></div>

NGK C7HSA for the 150. Hunter might be a C7HSA but is probably a NGK D8ES.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Trailblazer

gone 64
Take the time to go to this site oregonvintage.com There is everything you need to know about that dingo 150 from the carb to the cvt transmission. That quad has a gy-6 honda cloned engine. I have two for a year and a half from raceway and once you get them set-up you will be surprised how well they run.
Tim

Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

Wow, you guys are great, thanks alot for all the info!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Are you using Slime for flat prevention only? I got a good low tire pressure gauge and was running too much pressure. After setting the tires to spec around 3lbs., the tires do not seem to be able to hold this lower pressure, although, they did not seem to deflate at higher pressure. I've been wondering if I need to reset the bead on the tire or add slime which would likely take care of the low pressure leak as well as provide the added puncture protection.

Quick Reply: Just Bought 2 From Raceway