Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

150 jetmoto leaks gas when shut off

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150 jetmoto leaks gas when shut off

I prefer the dual layer pod filter,

I oil the inside filter and I do not oil the outside one, this extends the time between cleanings
and I highly doubt any dirt will get past both filters.

Installing this type of set up in place of the stock airbox may lean your fuel mixture out a bit. normally I can overcome this by adjusting the pilot screw out a bit , and or dropping the clip one notch on the needle valve ( which raises the needle )

On rare occasions I will have to go a size up one the main jet.

The reason Dbrowns carb started spiting out fuel , was most likely due to a grain of dirt stuck in the fuel valve which is attached the float assy.

Adjusting the float level would not be a good solution for this problem. However if you think that your float level is in correct , this is how I set the float level:

remove the carb from the bike
remove the float bowl from the bottom of the carb

This is a good time to pull all jets spray carb cleaner into all orifices then blow out with compressed air
I take a small piece of wire ( 1 strand of a 16 gauge auto type wire works well) and run it thru the pilot jet then blow out with air.

carefully remove the float assy by pulling the pin that attaches the assy to the carb body. the fuel inlet valve will come out with it.

take a look down the hole were that fuel valve was and check out that nice looking piece of grit that is the cause of your having to do this in the first place. spray some carb cleaner in there then blow some air thru the inlet tube that you plug your fuel line into from the tank, sorry , hope you were wearing safety glasses.

Once you are happy with the cleanliness of the carb put all the jets back in in reverse order.

turn the carb upright as it sits in the bike letting the float hang free.

attach a small section of fuel hose to the fuel inlet. while gently blowing thru the tube notice the position of the float bowl at the point were you can not blow air thru the hose. you want the air to stop at the point were the float bowl is parallel to the carb body. if not bend the small tab on the float assy that presses on the inlet valve until it does.

reassemble and reinstall carb in the bike.

I typed that pretty fast ( as fast as one can with one finger) so i hope it makes sense

Cheers

Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I did notice the pipe seal coming apart at the front of the filter housing. I picked up a UNI Dual Layer Pod Filter. From what I read this will replace the air filter box. I also picked up an NGK C7HSA spark plug. After installing these I am going to drop the clip on the needle 2 notches then run through the instructions that 2manytoys wrote "The HOW TO carb adjustment on Chinese quads".

I also picked up a grease gun to grease the zerks. Any recommend grease type. I read a couple of threads that talked about the zerk fittings break off easily. Is this a continuing problem or was it with pre May 2007 quads.

Thanks all as i continue to enter virgin territory

Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

I just wonder about those new filters if they are bad in water cases like riding through a river compared to the box that has an intake at the top. I have had one grease zerk broke and that was on the tie rod of my red 250!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dbrown18

I also picked up a grease gun to grease the zerks. Any recommend grease type. I read a couple of threads that talked about the zerk fittings break off easily. Is this a continuing problem or was it with pre May 2007 quads.

Thanks all as i continue to enter virgin territory</end quote></div>

Any waterproof grease will be good. I have replaced a couple of grease zerks on my Jetmoto's.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was thinking about the water issue also although 95% of the time it is dry and dusty when we ride. It did rain this week so there will probably be water in the washes. I will leave the current air filter in place. I was thinking of finding a piece of PVC with a flange to mount on the inside of the air filter box and mount the new air filter to that.

I do have to work on the air filter problem. I had our toy hauler in for maintenance, one of the issues was the Onan gen not working with only 17 hours of run time. The tech said it was a clogged with a red dust which is common in the area we ride.

I lucked out on the grease. I did pick up some water proof stuff with the grease gun.