Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

New Jetmoto 2500cc Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jetmoto 2500cc Sport

I got my bike and built it and it worked just fine the first day but the next day it was leaking gas from the filter so i found a small crack in the fuel filter. Ive replaced fuel filter with one from autozone and i thought that would work but know i hear a buzzing sound when i want to start it like a bad coil or something any one have an idea on what it might be.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thats a bummer.... does the engine crank over and make the buzzing sound? Or just make the buzzing sound and not crank over?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Na the motor feels like its going to start and then theres a buzz but i talked to john and i believe the battery is not juiced enough for it to power on. Cause when i want to start it the battery voltage drops to about 4-5 VDC and it doesnt even read 12 VDC only reads slightly lower. But im going to charge battery today and see what the outcome is. Also i never charged the battery when i got it cause it was reading just fine and once i put the liquid in it and bike started right up. I also noticed when i first got it going like the bike would die off sometimes. Well im also going to change oil what would you recommend 10W40 synthetic but which one? Also Spark Plug NGK?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: balanis03

Na the motor feels like its going to start and then theres a buzz but i talked to john and i believe the battery is not juiced enough for it to power on. Cause when i want to start it the battery voltage drops to about 4-5 VDC and it doesnt even read 12 VDC only reads slightly lower. But im going to charge battery today and see what the outcome is. Also i never charged the battery when i got it cause it was reading just fine and once i put the liquid in it and bike started right up. I also noticed when i first got it going like the bike would die off sometimes. Well im also going to change oil what would you recommend 10W40 synthetic but which one? Also Spark Plug NGK?</end quote></div>

Makes sense, you need full volts to start.

I wouldnt even start it with the factory oil in it...but some have done it and claimed to have no problems. I would use a Valvoline 10w-40 to break it in. 5-10 hrs and then change to a synthetic. I use Amsoil 10w-40 motorcycle oil in my KTM. Just about any motorcycle specific synthetic will work...Bel Ray makes a good one.

NGK D8ES.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I started mine with it but just to ride around neighborhood and know im going to change it. What about some Mobil 1 synthetic oil for motorcycles? Do you really have to run Valvoline and then change to synthetic or can i just change to synthetic now? I talked to john and he said NGK D8EA was the one i need also what would the gap be on it? Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Mobil 1 is a good oil to use, I use it in my wife's STS. .032 comes to mind for a gap but Ill check that and get back to you. It should be listed in your manual somewhere too.

Its just a good idea to change the oil after a few oils with a new engine. Especially since this engine doesnt have a oil filter. Thats why i would use the cheap stuff first. Some also believe that synthetic oil isnt good to use during break in because its so slippery.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Synthetic is not good on a wet clutch either.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Ok i charged the battery for a day and it started up finally but it dies out on me quick i got to keep giving it gas for it to stay on is there like a gas flow to give it a little more gas so when it turns on it stays on and idles good. Now when you start this atv the choke has to be pulled towards the driver is that right? In the manual it doesnt say much about this choke. would you guys recommend on changing the dot 4 brake fluid at all? Could it be the spark plug that needs to be replaced? Is it as easy just to replace plug just set gap and insert? Thanks guys for your help i appreciate it.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

If it will fire at all, it is not the plug. I had a helluva time getting mine going. There is GelPack in the carb from the factory that keeps the floats open to keep them from being damaged. More than likely, you will experience a great deal of overflow until the gasoline desolves it. Even then, the float may become stuck. If this happens, take a 1 inch or so wooden dowel and bump the bottom of the float bowl with it. Don't try and bust it or anything, but a couple good bumps should let them "float". It would also be a good idea to pick up the rear end and drop it while the bike is idling. I did them both, and it fixed it.

To choke the bike, you need to pull the tab toward you. Also, check and make sure the gas is turned on. The valve will be inline with the fuel line to turn it on. Another thing I did, was take out the plug and put a LITTLE gas in the cylinder. Then I shot some starting fluid on the filter. It fired up, and I have not had a problem since. You may need to adjust the idle speed by turning the screw on the right side of the carb with the spring on it. Then, you will have to get a 90* screw driver and adjust the air/fuel mixture on the bottom of the carb, on the screw that is over the starter.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

biskit134- thanks for the info. The problem is that when it starts up it dies out real quick and have to choke it and give it gas to start it up and then it just dies out quick. TO keep it on i have to keep giving it a little gas for it to stay on. I talked to john this morning and he said the same thing about the gel thats in there. This is what he recommended for me to do. Drain gas out of the Carb and to adjust the air flow screw thats on the bottom close to the starter. He recommended that i turn it in about a quarter turn and then try to start it to see if it turns on better if not not he said to return to original position and turn the same amount to take it out. once the air flow is adjusted then he said to adjust idle screw. Did yours come with new Jets? He said he will send me the new ones cause they were supposed to send anyways. How about your front brakes do they work good? Mine are lacking dot3 for the front but do i need to bleed them or just add dot 3 and that would be fine? Last but not least whre do you drain the gas from the carb is it the same screw for the air flow that lets out the gas?

Quick Reply: New Jetmoto 2500cc Sport