Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 350cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

...just want to make sure my son and my wife are ok behind me!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetmoto 350cc

I believe a speedometer or some type of display that tells you what gear your in and like Sawyer said a counter of how many HRs are on it or miles.
But i believe also it should also have the option of nerf bars like the recent 250cc.
Its kind of hard to price till we see some photos of the bike but if you trying to compare like the name brands $2500-$3000 would be my guess but i still think it would be steep for a china bike. Just my opinion. I dont think the battery would be a good idea in the front just cause what if run into some puddles and stuff like that you might get connections wet. I would also hope to have a better Fuel petcock for better fuel distribution. I also hope that you guys would use better oil and NGK spark plugs and better fuel filters. There just some experiences i have had with my 250cc sport.

Eugene
Is there any word for a replacement kit for the Fuel petcock on the 250cc sports Just wondering cause it would be nice to have it on my bike cause right know i just took it off and the fuel filter and line are just direct to the carb and would be nice so i dont have to leave carb filled with gas when its not in use.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Basic in line fuel filter is available through any Napa or Part unlimited dealer.
But we are in the works for the new order.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Eugene,

There are numerous challenges entering the full sized sport quad market. One of the biggest is going to be able to sway those who are not willing, for whatever reason, to purchase a new big brand quad to choose a well made new "jetmoto" rather than a used proven big brand.

Assuming x dollars can buy a clean used big brand or a new 'jetmoto", you must convince the buyer the "jetmoto" is better value. At present you can only offer more desirable features and better performance as these things can be validated pre-purchase.

The really difficult hurdles are convincing the buyer that a "jetmoto" has solid build quality, durability, reliability, and serviceability. These are easy for the big brands to verify as they have a long track record, extensive brick and mortar dealer network, and vastly larger user base. The poor, although slowly improving, impression of Chinese made quads in general is no help but hurts "jetmoto".

Over time, a handful of worthy and dedicated companies such as Jetmoto will catch up on these points but it takes time to earn a solid reputation as a long term player rather than a fly-by-night brand.

I think rather than coming to the market with a 350cc, you might consider a product that at least meets and slightly beats the performance and design features of the current 400 sized market, yet priced at an aggressive discount. This may help buyers take a serious look at a "jetmoto".

Many buyers are thinking "I want a 450" and may not even give a 350cc sized bike any serious consideration since it is discounted and perceived as a lower preforming product. It is harder to compare and assign value when the "specs" are not competitive as you have lost before even getting a chance. With similar or better performance/features at a lesser price, you give the buyer something serious to consider and decided how much the other factors are worth.

The strategy of going below the benchmark 400 sized market with a 350 is similar to the current approach but the main difference is the edge of being able to offer the product at a price that does not purchase a used big brand. The 150-200-250 market is a sweet spot since there are very few used big brands in this price range. The 350cc is going face a very stiff challenge as buyers will be able to have the choice of a used big brand or new chinese.

One other option might be to look at what Xtreme is offering. http://www.xtremeatv.com/

The Typhoon is a high performance "race" quad offered at a great price. If Jetmoto can offer a 350 true high performance product at a great price, you offer buyers something out of the box that is not available anywhere near what is available today from the big brands unless a lot of costly after-market parts are added.

Something like this could offer a much better performing and featured product at a discount to make some buyers cut some slack on the other considerations.

Good luck.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Windtrader.

These are great valid points.
Their is a reason we are using a 350cc engine, bcz this engine is very reasonably priced. With great performance.
Once you get in to a 450cc you are buying the engine from Suzuki (china plant) the cost of the engine is 3.5 times as much. + Water cooled.
So the xtream ATV is nice but with a dealer price tag of 5000$ + dealers profit it will not be an easy sale.
I have recently came back from China and spent few days in the FYM manufacturing plant, this is where they build xtream mini and 450 ATV soon.
We are in talks with FYM to build our 350cc ATV but nothing is set and stone yet.
The 350cc ATV build by Jetmoto will be as race as 350cc can be out of the box. We have been working on this thing for 10 month now daily.

1. It will be the lightest 350cc ATV on the market around 325/ pounds. This will give us little bit more advantage.
2. All aftermarket upgrades will be on the ATV out of the box.
3. Hole shot tires
4. Alloy 10" rims
5. Alloy nerf bars
6. Alloy foot pegs
7. Alloy heel guards
8. Exhaust system designed by HMF
9. Linkage suspension system
10. Long travel suspension
11. Adjustable a-arms
12. Adjustable +3" rear axle = 48" wide
13. Twin baring Alloy axle carrier.
14. Alloy axle lock not
15. Alloy front hubs and spindles
16. 34 or 36MM carb maybe flat slide. We are testing few diff ones.
17. pro taper handle bars
18. Alloy gas cap
19. Pre load adjustable shocks
I'm sure their will be few more nice upgrades but I can't think of them all right now.

150cc and 250cc is a sweet spot for Chinese made ATV and I agree with you.
Once you step over 3000$ for a Chinese made ATV the sale drop by 60%.

So our goal is to make a nice great looking and quality ATV and have a retail price of $2800-3000. This way if you are comparing used Honda ATV at $2800-3000 you need to settle for a 2002 400ex.
This is a great unit but its 2002 and no reverse. I'm not trying to compare the 2 but we are pushing the clients to think twice.

It will take 2-3 years for the public to except this 350cc ATV as a quality unit. But we need to get out of this junk Chinese ATV mentality.
In my opinion this is the only way we can do it. Build a new unit our self and control quality and production.

Thank you for your suggestions, this helps me better understand our clients and riders.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetmoto 350cc

ok width... wide.. and the foot pegs the same as the 250 long travle shocks, and is this going 2 b strick sport quad correct? are u trying 2 build a jetmoto rapter if you will? in this case widen it make it sound cool sit low and wide and make it rip... make it so when all your buddies are laughting at it because it says jetmoto when you start it up and go they all close there mouths.. and do things that will promote it and make it so it will be talked about and not talked about how it is sitting in the garage.

p.s. didnt see the post above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

I guarantee you. You will not be disappointed or embarrassed when you put this new quad next to your buddies quads.

It will rip and it will be fun.

I will have pics for you by the end of the next week.
FYI all new buyers this quad will not be in production till JUNE 1st. 2008

Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Well, it really sounds as though you pretty much have the bases covered for specs. In response to the battery being front mounted, that is fine as long as it has relatively easy access and is protected from trail damage. Under the seat batteries are great from the simple point that if the unit has been sitting for a while they are easy to get at and recharge. Actually, if it is designed so that fat alligator clips have a place to find purchase that would be great. Good choice with the Pro Tapers, are they going to be the oversized bars? I am figuring chain drive, so please utilize an easy to adjust system like the Honda's or newer Yamaha sport quads. That is one of the few areas I hate about my '05 YFZ, adjusting the chain takes to long and is a frustrating process at best. Speaking of chain drive, a stock case saver that would actually absorb some impact before giving up the ghost would be a nice touch. An easy access, quality foam air filter would be in order if the budget allows. The No-Toils seem pretty nice and are cheap enough. Footpeg dimensions, how about 1 3/4" wide and at least 71/2to 8"long with another 2" of kickup at the end? 71/2-8" shock travel seems to be the norm in this class. If it is well sorted that would be plenty of travel. E-start of course.

JETMOTO, I think this is a good class for you to bring a sport quad to market. The current Japanese quads are all longstanding models with only a slight chance of major redesign in the coming years. You have a well defined benchmark to shoot for and hopefully exceed on multiple fronts. The offbrand models are OK but seem to have inherited some of the typical offbrand flaws with suspension and handling issues. I have liked what has been coming from Jetmoto lately, but this model will have to raise the bar in class. The specs you have listed give me thought that this may just do that. Looking forward to some pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JETMOTO

The 350cc ATV build by Jetmoto will be as race as 350cc can be out of the box. We have been working on this thing for 10 month now daily.

1. It will be the lightest 350cc ATV on the market around 325/ pounds. This will give us little bit more advantage.

2. All aftermarket upgrades will be on the ATV out of the box.

3. Hole shot tires

4. Alloy 10" rims

5. Alloy nerf bars

6. Alloy foot pegs

7. Alloy heel guards

8. Exhaust system designed by HMF

9. Linkage suspension system

10. Long travel suspension

11. Adjustable a-arms

12. Adjustable +3" rear axle = 48" wide

13. Twin baring Alloy axle carrier.

14. Alloy axle lock not

15. Alloy front hubs and spindles

16. 34 or 36MM carb maybe flat slide. We are testing few diff ones.

17. pro taper handle bars

18. Alloy gas cap

19. Pre load adjustable shocks

This way if you are comparing used Honda ATV at $2800-3000 you need to settle for a 2002 400ex.

This is a great unit but its 2002 and no reverse. I'm not trying to compare the 2 but we are pushing the clients to think twice.

But we need to get out of this junk Chinese ATV mentality.

</end quote></div>

Sounds like it could be a great quad Eugene!

On item 3. Copies or actual HoleShots?

On item 8, Did they do any dyno testing on the exhaust system? Will it be made out of stainless steel or titanium?

On item 10, How long of travel? 10", 11" , 12"?

On item 16, will the carb be manufactured in China?

On item 19, will the shocks have adjustable compression and rebound adjustments for all 3 shocks? or just spring preload? Will all 3 shocks also have remote resevoirs? Charged with nitrogen?

As for size width etc..... Make it similar to the current crop of 450cc quads.

You say not to compare it to a used 400 EX. But if that is the buyer you are going for......Do you think it will be able to compete with the 400EX on the track and trail? Similar power, suspension, handling, reliability, etc...?

I hope you dont mind all the questions, maybe I should just give you a call. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Tires.
Will use hole shot design. Made by TW Company DURO or INNOVA .
Exhaust more testing is being done as we speak (can't confirm yet)
Travel we are testing few different options (10-12")
CARB we have tested few nice China made carbs, now working on few TW made carbs.
Shocks front stock with be with out reservoirs for now. Aftermarket shocks will be available as well.
Rear will be with reservoir (current test is with 400ex shocks set up)
I feel that this JetMoto 350cc can compete with 400ex and 350cc raptor
The smaller and light engine, nicely tuned exhaust system with a 36mm carb should give is the competitive edge.
Weight is a big issue.
Keep in mind 325 pounds my goal. We are very close at this time.

Once the ATV is ready for testing End of FEB I welcome all riders to challenge us.

Today we finished the paint of the body, Guys I'm having hard time sleeping at night it looks so good.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 350cc