Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What happened to Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
Are you serious? where did i ridicule? anyone for buying one? heck ive owned 3 and said they were pretty much trouble free (havent been reading my post very well have yah?).
go through all my posts for the last 3 years i dont think ive ever ridiculed anyone or any china quad made. I believe ive argued with many that the minis are great for kids for the money.

Guess i was just stating some facts about parts availability for most china quads so people know the facts that someday your gonna need part that is gonna be hard to find and your gonna have to wait! (and you know im right we have all seen it here with some part or another, heck i waited for a very long time for a water pump kit finally had to order a honda one to get it running.

What about the parents or guy who buys a china quad but has no idea to work on them? and has nobody around him who can service it? is it fair he knows the facts before the purchase?

anytime someone asks a question like should i buy a china quad or a used honda ect you know what im going to say, If you cant turn a wrench and wanna keep riding buy the honda.

sorry if i got you mad MWQ but i was just stating some facts about the durability of the china quad along with parts availability for them.

later

hoyt
Ive read a lot of your posts...most are very appreciated here....just not sure why you need to say this...

"guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's"

Who are you to tell people to wise up? Help them with your knowledge for gosh sakes...Help them solve their problems....no need to question their wisdom in the situation.

The thing I try to remember about the people who buy Chinese quads is they wouldnt think of spending the money to buy a Japanese made quad. They dont have the money or that level of interest. Heck I have spent more on hop up stuff for my bikes than the cost of a new Chinese atv...

Im not mad Hoyt...just trying to make this section a place where people feel free to post...I have got dozens of PM's from people asking me questions who dont want to get abused in the forum for asking...And no your not that problem at all...at least not yet...havnt got a pm like that in a few weeks now.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Ive read a lot of your posts...most are very appreciated here....just not sure why you need to say this...

"guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's"

Who are you to tell people to wise up? Help them with your knowledge for gosh sakes...Help them solve their problems....no need to question their wisdom in the situation.

The thing I try to remember about the people who buy Chinese quads is they wouldnt think of spending the money to buy a Japanese made quad. They dont have the money or that level of interest. Heck I have spent more on hop up stuff for my bikes than the cost of a new Chinese atv...

Im not mad Hoyt...just trying to make this section a place where people feel free to post...I have got dozens of PM's from people asking me questions who dont want to get abused in the forum for asking...And no your not that problem at all...at least not yet...havnt got a pm like that in a few weeks now.

Whew!!! here I thought you had me calling somone a idiot,dumb or stupid for buying a china quad! but i would never do that ! sorry that this comment "guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's" way out of context!

Im know why people buy china quads, they look cool and the price is right! now you never answered my question a few post back.

Do you think people should know the truth about china quads before they buy one?

apparently not! or you wouldnt always get on people when they complain about them! over the last 3 years ive done my share on helping people with questions to the best of my ability Im no mechanic but also dont need to take my stuff in to get fixed.

Ive only made comments so people who spend there hard earned money know exactly what they are getting into. if thats wrong burn me at the stake.

p.s anyone know where i can get a reverse gearcase (the one thats on tha axle) for this darn Redcat 150. the thing has a crack in it leaked the lube out if not i think im gonna rip it apart and weld the sprocket to the axle. smb told me i would have problems with it and i did, ive searched high and lo if anyone comes across one p.m me.

No hard feeling!
hoyt

Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Whew!!! here I thought you had me calling somone a idiot,dumb or stupid for buying a china quad! but i would never do that ! sorry that this comment "guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's" way out of context!

Do you think people should know the truth about china quads before they buy one?

apparently not! or you wouldnt always get on people when they complain about them! over the last 3 years ive done my share on helping people with questions to the best of my ability Im no mechanic but also dont need to take my stuff in to get fixed.

Ive only made comments so people who spend there hard earned money know exactly what they are getting into. if thats wrong burn me at the stake.

p.s anyone know where i can get a reverse gearcase (the one thats on tha axle) for this darn Redcat 150. the thing has a crack in it leaked the lube out if not i think im gonna rip it apart and weld the sprocket to the axle. smb told me i would have problems with it and i did, ive searched high and lo if anyone comes across one p.m me.

No hard feeling!
hoyt
I might have taken it a bit out of context...sorry about that.

Absolutely they should...but most come here after buying or while trying to decide between 3 different Chinese ATV's...Dont have the money to buy anything else...

It would be pretty hard to read most of whats in here if I couldnt listen to people complain about their Chinese ATV's...part of pride of ownership I think... I just think the person who does buy one should be able to post here without dealing extra comments....Buy a Honda, etc...

Your experience and ability to keep your Chinese toys running is just the stuff the new owner needs to hear...It can be done...no its not going to be easy but it can happen...

Is that gear case like the one on the 06 Jetmoto 150? cast looking thing? If so Jetmoto/Chineseatvpart should be able to get you one (on the next container ship of course)

Old 06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
I might have taken it a bit out of context...sorry about that.

Absolutely they should...but most come here after buying or while trying to decide between 3 different Chinese ATV's...Dont have the money to buy anything else...

It would be pretty hard to read most of whats in here if I couldnt listen to people complain about their Chinese ATV's...part of pride of ownership I think... I just think the person who does buy one should be able to post here without dealing extra comments....Buy a Honda, etc...

Your experience and ability to keep your Chinese toys running is just the stuff the new owner needs to hear...It can be done...no its not going to be easy but it can happen...

Is that gear case like the one on the 06 Jetmoto 150? cast looking thing? If so Jetmoto/Chineseatvpart should be able to get you one (on the next container ship of course)
sounds good! im not sure if its like the jetmoto one, its just a square gear case in the center of the axle the sprocket is along side it. I will check there if not im gonna just weld it up and skip the reverse. since he got his other atv he just beats the thing now (trying to break it).

Old 06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

sounds good! im not sure if its like the jetmoto one, its just a square gear case in the center of the axle the sprocket is along side it. I will check there if not im gonna just weld it up and skip the reverse. since he got his other atv he just beats the thing now (trying to break it).
The Jetmoto one has the sprocket and disc off to the right side if the housing.(when looking at it from behind)...mine still works but seems to sort of slip and catch when you engage fwd....and its leaking a little fluid but not enough to even wipe up off the floor..

Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

hi guys......i have a question about parts....i have found a few replacement things for my vbike 250 v4s now i am looking for a bushing supplier in midwest....Michigan, outside diameter is 34mm and the inner is 10mm and its a front swing arm bushing or some call it a A arm bushing...need 8 of them...my friend that is a auto worker says the 34mm tubing that the bushing sits in is a common size that there is proberly someone pumping out millions of them......well i cant find him lol

for anyone else looking for parts the rear axle bearings are the same as a Honda 250 and the dust covers that go over them can be bought at any auto parts dealer....cost me less than ordering just the bearings off of vbike

any help about the bushings would be a great help....i found a place in Rochester hills in Michigan that makes them but they cant and wont sell to any members of public .....go figure ?!?!?!?!?!?! a sale is a sale in my mind lol

Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Have you looked into putting bearing in there? As I think this what should be in there not? If you put bushings back in see if you can put a grease zirk in there.

Go to a local machine shop. I bet they could get you the stuff you want, direct you to a place that has them on the shelf or make you them in their shop.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Sawyer
Have you looked into putting bearing in there? As I think this what should be in there not? If you put bushings back in see if you can put a grease zirk in there.

Go to a local machine shop. I bet they could get you the stuff you want, direct you to a place that has them on the shelf or make you them in their shop.

yeah i replaced both backend bearings and as i say the guy at the moto x store looked on his pc and matched up the dimensions to a honda one.....he did comment on how the two rear ends of a honda and vbike look alike.

grease zirk ? sorry i am from England and live in michigan now and loads of things have a different name here to what i know things as....is a grease zirk like what we call a grease nipple (grease point) ? dont think i will be able to get one in if thats the case

its just frustrating to know that somewhere someone is pumping these things out and i just cant locate one

Old 06-25-2009, 07:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I just looked around at a couple of bearing suppliers....no 34mm OD bearing with a 8mm hole....Spilt, have you asked that supplier you did find who he sells to? Maybe you could but from one of them?

Old 06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

lol you have crossed wires with me lol, go back and read what i put.....i am now looking for bushings for the front swing arms(A-arms) that are 34mm outer and 10 mm inner....no bearings....i was just saying to the other guy about the bearings where like hondas so the back ends maybe.

i have 8 of these bushings to replace and dont wanna go down the route of buying new swing arms from vbike just for the bushings as the whole front set of swing arms upper and lower come to $180 and it will still have the cheaper bushings in it....i try to replace all parts with better quality one as i go

Quick Reply: What happened to Raceway?