Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What happened to Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Raceway?

Based on good reviews on this forum and other sources, I purchased a quad for my son from Raceway. I need some parts and support and their phones are always busy and they never answer their emails.

I'm getting kind of frustrated, my son wants to ride but can't until we get his quad fixed.

Has anyone had contact with them lately?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:04 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

This is being reported more and more lately..not sure what is going on..I will give John a call in about a hour and see what is up...

Old 06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live near RaceWay ATV, tried calling them, always a busy signal, stopped in at there physical location many times to find there never there, They rent a little room in the back of a Bus Garage. I found alot of complaints online regarding that company so there not an option for purchasing

Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

seems they closed up shop basically, raceway customer service use to be awsome but i imagine with the lead paint ban ??? might of affected them dont know for sure. A local dealer for china stuff by me closed up about the time all the youth atv ban came about.

just a guess though

hoyt

Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Its got nothing to do with the Lead Ban, The majority of Chinese sellers didnt stop selling anything during the "ban".. Something about their "kids" atvs being 110cc and larger... By law only 16 yr olds can ride them....So they arent really kids quads except no 16 yr old could fit on one... Sort of a loop hole..

RaceWay does seem to be having problems due to the economy slow down..i didnt get a response from John this time but he did tell me a few months ago that Christmas sales were down 80% compared to last year...He had to cut his staff a bit after that...

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

I guess I assumed Raceway had a show room of some sort? This down turn will thin out this whole Chinese atv business. Things slowly took a down turn with Raceway even before the whole recession. He was quite visible then slowly dropped off. When I first bought my Jets from him customer service was great but by the time the warranty was running out it was like pulling teeth to get parts I finally had to bypass and got right to Jetmoto. I just hope Jet stays around to get parts from. I hope the best for Raceway and all the atv dealers out there, this whole economy thing just sucks!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have tried to contact 3 different Jetmoto dealers in the last week. No email or phone responses at all. Can someone please recommend a reputable Jetmoto dealer on the East Coast? I have been looking for a Jetmoto 125cc in RED for about 2 weeks now. School is almost over here and both of my sons have outgrown our 23 year old Suzuki LT50 (it has been handed down through 4 kids already, and with some work, it will make it to number 5!)

Thanks,

PJ in NJ

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's

save yall selves some headaches.

hoyt

Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Cool

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
guess it seems to be hard to find parts for china quads its time for people to wise up and buy honda zukie,kawi and popo's

save yall selves some headaches.

hoyt
The big names have a larger dealer network and better access to parts? Are you kidding, geez I wish someone had told me this before I got my "Cool Sports" atv.

Seriously, these atvs are for people who can hold their own with a wrench. I have 80-100 hours on our little atv with 4 of my kids and have had nothing break that cost me over 5$ and could not be bought at a local auto store. (save the battery 30$, Walmart) For 500 vs 2500 for a honda of the same size, I smile every time I start it up.

There are parts sites you can get cheap parts from, you just have to know what your looking for. If your looking for a specific part start a thread and ask for help. I have seen the people on this site and other provide excellent advice.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by staycalm
The big names have a larger dealer network and better access to parts? Are you kidding, geez I wish someone had told me this before I got my "Cool Sports" atv.

Seriously, these atvs are for people who can hold their own with a wrench. I have 80-100 hours on our little atv with 4 of my kids and have had nothing break that cost me over 5$ and could not be bought at a local auto store. (save the battery 30$, Walmart) For 500 vs 2500 for a honda of the same size, I smile every time I start it up.

There are parts sites you can get cheap parts from, you just have to know what your looking for. If your looking for a specific part start a thread and ask for help. I have seen the people on this site and other provide excellent advice.

OK! so here it is Im no newb I know the drill ! I can turn a wrench! I have had 3 china ATV's I bought all 3 in 06...so far from newb!

Now all 3 were pretty trouble free but had very easy lifes they didnt get pounded...after i bought them and inspected them i could tell qaulity is lacking! but if you look back at my posts you will see i always said they are great starter quads for kids if you can turn a wrench.

the one and the only one I needed parts for took forever to get (3 weeks) for a water pump kit...i ended up getting a honda kit in 3 days! Now the china quads you get what you pay! they do what there suppose to do if you take care of mantience and dont beat the crap out of them to bad...but will never hold up like a name brand.

Parts are hard to find though you can mix and match put in name brand parts in the motores so they can be maintained to run but you read plenty here guys waiting a long time or having a hard time finding parts...me i like my stuff not to break and if they do being able to find and get the parts within a few days. so im not slammin anything Im just getting old and and dont like to wrench much anymore.

hoyt

Quick Reply: What happened to Raceway?