Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

No spark

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What should I do? Should I replace the cdi, coil, & key switch or try something else?

Old 09-15-2016, 02:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

If you are stuck, it may be the way to go. However, if you fit a new CDI with another fault in the system, you can blow it. It depends on the type of system you have, but the earth lead to the CDI must be properly earthed, and a faulty voltage regulator can produce enough volts to blow the CDI. Did you ever manage to by-pass the remote? If your CDI has a kill wire, removing this wire may get it to spark, if it doesn't, try earthing the kill wire, some kill by earthing, some the opposite.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default no spark

It has a lanyard type kill switch on the rear frame bar that I thought I could unplug the 2 wires & maybe that will disconnect it. It also has a remote fob that I have never used so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. It also has a kill switch on the handlebars that toggles off & on.
I am going to unplug & plug all the wires again to see if any are loose. I just can't believe replacing gas tank is causing me this problem. The bike was running great for years until I changed the tank.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

I replaced the starter switch & CDI. Got a good spark at the spark plug. Put the plug back in & she started right up. Ordered the parts from VMC Chinese parts. Got them quick & very inexpensive.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Good to know

Originally Posted by cubano222
I replaced the starter switch & CDI. Got a good spark at the spark plug. Put the plug back in & she started right up. Ordered the parts from VMC Chinese parts. Got them quick & very inexpensive.
Good to know were having the same problem and my cdi is en route to the house. Get decent readings from the magneto but no power to the coil.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

I also unplugged the lanyard cut off switch that's mounted on the back frame bar. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but I got spark back so I'll leave it unplugged.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by cubano222
Removed the shroud & tank again. Tried new plug. Checked every wire one by one. Still no spark. Only thing I can think of is after replacing the ignition back on the handlebars, the key was hard to turn & would kind of catch when turning. The bottom of the ignition is loose & there is a metal clip that's broken. I don't know if this has anything to do with no spark. I removed the piece that the plug wire goes to & checked for voltage when turning the motor over, I got no reading from that.
Then the problem MUST be with the "BOTTOM OF THE IGNITION" which is loose and is not making a good connection. Replace the ignition and make sure it's exactly the same as the one you are replacing.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys i need help please , i have a taotao peace chinese one , 110cc atv , i have no spark , i change flyweel , magneto stater , trigger pulse , new wiring , cdi , ignition coil and still nothing , im receiving signal from magneto and pulse trigger to cdi , sometimes the wire tha goes to ignition coil yellow black pass a tinny little signal to coil i dont know what else to doo or buy im getting crazy please help

Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CubanPower
Hey guys i need help please , i have a taotao peace chinese one , 110cc atv , i have no spark , i change flyweel , magneto stater , trigger pulse , new wiring , cdi , ignition coil and still nothing , im receiving signal from magneto and pulse trigger to cdi , sometimes the wire tha goes to ignition coil yellow black pass a tinny little signal to coil i dont know what else to doo or buy im getting crazy please help
In your earlier post you said that your ignition switch was loose at the bottom. I advised you to replace it. Did you do that? If you did are wires on the new one of the exact colour as the old one? Do you have power to your lights(head lamp, signal lights, neutral light, etc)?

Old 11-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by rasmaroon
in your earlier post you said that your ignition switch was loose at the bottom. I advised you to replace it. Did you do that? If you did are wires on the new one of the exact colour as the old one? Do you have power to your lights(head lamp, signal lights, neutral light, etc)?
yes bro i have power in signal head lamp everywere but not in the coil . When im pressin the red botton to start the atv and i put the test light in the coil nothing whem i release the red bottom flash the test light a little . Sorry for my english lol and thanks for helping me . I alreadt buy 2 coils . And 3 cdi you think maybe is the shoke swith ? But there nothing is working now cuz i disconnect only the start red bottom is working

Quick Reply: No spark