Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

No spark

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark

Have a 110cc that has been running great. Gas tank started leaking so ordered a new tank. Pushed shroud forward enough to install new tank & replaced shroud. Now it won't start. No sparking at spark plug. Checked all wiring & nothing changed when I replaced tank. Has new battery & turns over but no spark. Am wondering if that remote cut off thing is malfunctioning. Don't know how to bypass that cut off thing. Don't know what else to try.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Try a new plug, you never know, it may be that. The most likely thing is for you to have disturbed a wire, possibly one you can't now see, when you fitted the new tank, either remove the tank again and check, or go through the system, checking coil wires, CDI wires ignition switch wires and the ones from alternator to CDI. If your fault wasn't caused by your working on the bike, it may be the remote, but it could just as easily be coil, CDI, or alternator.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default No spark

Removed the handlebars & pushed the shroud forward again. Looked at every wire & connections look good & snug. Could be wiring in the ignition switch that messed up when I removed the handlebars. Will try a new plug this weekend & go over wiring again. The push button cut off switch on the handlebars is suspicious so I'll mess with that also. Grandson is wanting to ride his little bike.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Trailblazer

What # spark plug will work in my grandsons 110cc atv. NGK?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Your NGK plug supplier will have a book with equivalent numbers for whatever plug is in now. If it is some obscure Chinese plug, telling them the Quad's make as well as the size of engine should get you the right plug.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

did you remove the tank again and try. I would almost bet pinched wire someware

Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Trailblazer

Removed the shroud & tank again. Tried new plug. Checked every wire one by one. Still no spark. Only thing I can think of is after replacing the ignition back on the handlebars, the key was hard to turn & would kind of catch when turning. The bottom of the ignition is loose & there is a metal clip that's broken. I don't know if this has anything to do with no spark. I removed the piece that the plug wire goes to & checked for voltage when turning the motor over, I got no reading from that.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If you were checking the spark plug wire for voltage with a meter be careful you will get one heck of a jolt if done wrong. Are the headlights coming on with the key?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

Headlights will come on with the key on. I stuck the red meter probe in the spark plug socket & grounded the black probe, turned over the motor & got no reading or shock.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

Since they are so cheap, should I order a new cdi, coil, & key switch to see if that works? Crazy that all I did was put in a new gas tank, was running great before, & now won't run. Checked every single wire many times & nothing. If I can find a Chinese atv repair place in Nashville, maybe take it there. Running out of patience.

Quick Reply: No spark