Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

No spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try reading this thread and following some of the tips given
chinese quad, no spark

Old 11-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Pull the black with white stripe wire from your cdi. This will bypass all saftey switches. You may have a switch that is intermittent. Also check and clean all grounds

Old 11-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
Pull the black with white stripe wire from your cdi. This will bypass all saftey switches. You may have a switch that is intermittent. Also check and clean all grounds
i did tha and still nothing bro . you think the key swith has to something wit the no spark ? is the only thing tha i dont replace yet for a new one . is

Old 11-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol

That's what I was trying to think of... I had a machine with random spark. Turned out one of the wires on the back of the switch was only holding on with one thread... easy fix you should be able to probe the wires for the switch and find if it's good

Old 11-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

That's what I was trying to think of... I had a machine with random spark. Turned out one of the wires on the back of the switch was only holding on with one thread... easy fix you should be able to probe the wires for the switch and find if it's good
the thing tha i notice the other day is tha when i put the test light inside the hole on the spark coil where goes the spark plug and i press to start the atv the test light flash a little then i stop and i try again and nothing then i wait 1 min y try again and flash a little thas strange too . i check for resistance in trigger pulse and looks fine and ac power looks fine too .

Old 11-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

i have a question the only wire tha is suppose to have ground is the green wire righ? in my atv the green wire is ground thas the only one tha is suppose to have ground no other righ ?

Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol

On the last one I worked on black was ground and green was power to the lights...

Old 11-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CubanPower
i did tha and still nothing bro . you think the key swith has to something wit the no spark ? is the only thing tha i dont replace yet for a new one . is
In my previous post I asked you to replace the key(ignition) switch since it was loose at the bottom. That's the 1st thing you should have done before replacing everything else because you may have replaced good working parts.
You could try this if you don't have a replacement key switch:-
1. Unplug the wires coming from the key switch (usually 4 wires).
2. Take 2 wires and with one jump(join/connect) the RED to the BLACK wire on the FEMALE part of the plug. Do the same with the remaining two wires which are usuallu GREEN and BLACK with WHITE stripe (these 2 are usually the KILL WIRES).
3. If you still don't have a good spark then remove/disconnect the BLACK/WHITE wire from the CDI.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

On the last one I worked on black was ground and green was power to the lights...
True! On these Chinese bikes Green is usually ground but on one part of the bike Black ALSO turns out to be Ground. So both Green and Black can be ground on the SAME bike!!!!

Old 11-15-2016, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

Honda chose green for earth wires, most other makers chose black, so it depends on how much of a Chinese copy of a Honda your machine is.

Quick Reply: No spark