Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

125cc (Shandong LZ125-6) oil and hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125cc (Shandong LZ125-6) oil and hoses

Hi and thank you for looking into this post! Just bought a used 125cc ATV (picture attached) with an unknown history. After carb cleaning and battery jump was able to get it to ride.

Noticed oil dripping out (only while the motor is running, higher RPM heavier the drip) form a square hole at the bottom of the engine (pictures attached with the hole circled in red). Any idea why is that and how to solve it?

Also, few hoses look like they were supposed to connect to something but are not, trying to figure out what goes where. One under the seat looks like a battery acid drain hose, is it (picture attached and circled in red)?

The other hose is located near the front on the right side, looks like it has a some kind of a valve on it (black cylinder about 1” in diameter and 3” in length, circled in red. The other end of that hose is connected to the exhaust pipe.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

is this the battery acid drip hose? it ends right by the rear swing arm

LZ125-6 is what the data plate says

Oil drips out of this hole, only while running. More RPM heavier the drip

is this suppose to be connected to anything? the other end of this hose is connected to a square block that is mounted on the exhaust pipe

Old 05-30-2019, 02:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I was thinking someone who knows may jump in but as nobody has...

The hole in the head shouldn't be there, you may get away with plugging it with epoxy resin or "plastic metal" but it would be best welded, so head removal and find a good welder who can do aluminium. As to the pipes, only someone with that model can tell you where they go, but if you don't intend to go through water I would leave them. Check that rainwater can't get down them though. I had a Suzuki LT80 in recently that had been fitted with a Honda engine, the intake for the belt cooling air was hidden under the tank, but rainwater had got in and filled the beltbox with water, causing belt and clutch to slip.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
I was thinking someone who knows may jump in but as nobody has...

The hole in the head shouldn't be there, you may get away with plugging it with epoxy resin or "plastic metal" but it would be best welded, so head removal and find a good welder who can do aluminium. As to the pipes, only someone with that model can tell you where they go, but if you don't intend to go through water I would leave them. Check that rainwater can't get down them though. I had a Suzuki LT80 in recently that had been fitted with a Honda engine, the intake for the belt cooling air was hidden under the tank, but rainwater had got in and filled the beltbox with water, causing belt and clutch to slip.
Hi there and thank you for commenting! Any idea (just guessing) why that hole is there? should there be a factory plug or this is a factory defect? I have no problem JBWedling it, that stuff gets so hard you can drill it, just wondering how and why the hole ended up there. Thank you once again!

Old 05-30-2019, 09:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

The vent tubs are all where they should be. That hole in the block is suppose to be their do not have it welded or plug with JB weld. At some point by the looks of it im thinking their was a rubber plug in it or a vent tube judging by the little holder just off to the side of it.. ill have to pop out and see what it looks like on my machine.. Nothing online shows that side of motor

Old 05-30-2019, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
The vent tubs are all where they should be. That hole in the block is suppose to be their do not have it welded or plug with JB weld. At some point by the looks of it im thinking their was a rubber plug in it or a vent tube judging by the little holder just off to the side of it.. ill have to pop out and see what it looks like on my machine.. Nothing online shows that side of motor

Awesome! please let me know what it looks like on your motor!

Old 05-31-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

my machine does not have that same area where u have oil dripping so ill be no help their..

Old 05-31-2019, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Got it, thank you for replying.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

As the hole is low down in the head I don't think it is a breather, doesn't look all that "square" either so I bet something has hit it to make that hole. The pipe clip does look like something may have gone there though, and with the "exhaust gas recirculation systems" fitted to new quads, who knows? As it drips oil, I would plug it.