Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tao Cheetah Start Issues

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Cheetah Start Issues

I have a Tao Cheetah 125 and can't get it to start. It does turn and has spark so I think there is one of two issues. Here is what is new; carburetor, cdi box, spark plug, ignition coil, voltage regulator, and solenoid relay.
One issue I have noticed is the quad tries to start even when the kill switch is in the "off" or kill position. I'm sure this is an issue and if not it still should be fixed because if it starts I want to be able to kill everything with the switch not just the key.
Only other things I can think as to why it won't start is the stator could need replaced.
What are your thoughts? It tries to start just doesn't kick over. Thanks!

Old Today, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 340 Likes on 331 Posts

If you have a spark, the problem with not starting probably isn't electrical. Clean out carburettor and check compression, the fault is almost certain to be one of these. I have never known anyone to use the kill button on a quad but, if you must have it working, check if you have an AC or DC CDI. If AC a (usually) black/red wire will come from stator to CDI. The kill wire is usually black/white and, on AC systems, goes from the ignition switch to CDI but is also branched off to the kill switch. Other side of kill switch goes to earth, usually a green wire. With ignition switch and CDI disconnected, you should get the black/white earthed with switch one way and open circuit the other.