Classifieds, Garage Sale & Swap Shop Buy, Sell and Trade Goods.

The time has come! DS 730 is going on the market!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The time has come! DS 730 is going on the market!

Its hard to even write this...as my DS 730 is my dream quad and due to school and the rising cost of gas (pushing 5 bucks a gallon closer to the city!) I am 99% sure the DS has to go! The only time I get to ride it is our yearly trip to utah (little sahara) and this year she was screaming, like usual! Nobody could touch me on the hills, all my buddies got shiney new modded LTR's and were talking about how this year it would be different (last year all had yfz's) but even the big bore fully built ltr was behind by 4 lengths at the top of sand mountain! I weigh 230, the bike weighs somewhere around 500 (never weighed it) and this guy weighed 170, and his bike probably weighed 400ish (he dyno'd at 60 hp).

Anyway... here is the list (probably missing a couple things). I would like to keep her together for right now. If nobody bites, and somebody is interested in just the motor (or motor/carb/pipe combo) I will part her out.

DS730 Trail/Dune/Drag bike - ($9,000 in receipts for the motor alone! All receipts included) - all mods built around each other- current output is 71whp & 63 wtq - Run on Klotz oil since built (changed 6 times in 48 hours of running) Also have a case of Klotz to go with it. This bike is capable of MUCH more power with a higher compression piston, but it was built to be an all around bike (trail/dune/drag) and it does everything very well! Eric said with a higher comp piston another 5hp is EASY with some good torque.
HPR 730 w/ FSR super-lightweight 11.5:1 piston with all new gaskets (cometic)
Big valve head with 40/34 black diamond valves & shim under buckets
Hr3 Hr5 Intake/Exhaust cams with shim-under buckets (we spent 3+ hours on the dyno doing cam combo's and found this one gained 3 hp peak, with huge gains in torque (+5 peak and +3-4 throughout the curve).
Back Cut transmission gears (super crisp shifting)
FULLY Race ported head
Eric's personal ported intake (over 20 hours porting on it!!)
Lectron 48 dual PJ with moose black billet throttle
No Toil foam filter with K&N pre-filter (w/ 05' updated intake tube) with spare No Toil
SS Top Gun exhaust (header /slip on both coated in high temp [matte black])
Barnett 9 disc clutch
Scott's Stainless Steel Oil Filter
Custom programmed Vortex CDI (eric made 3 curves for this bike- the rest are the OEM vortex curves The two that make the most power are on the handle bar switch).
Fully Adjustable Elka Dune Edition shocks Front/Rear with Elka Covers
Chromoly +1 steering stem (chromed)
Tag T2 bars and billet bar clamp
530 aluminum sprocket(s) (2) 40t rears, (1) 42t rear, and 14/15/16/17 fronts
Tusk nerf bars
Fully powder coated (silver vein)- frame/ a-arms/ bumper/ nerfs/ swingarm
ASR +1 aluminum swingarm w/ new bearing carrier & all ***** bearings
Heavy duty ceramic brake pads F/R with SS braided brake lines & Billet brake reservoir cap & billet brake line clamps
Aluminum upper a-arms
Heavy Duty Aluminum Tie Rods
PRM Baja grab bar- powder coated in flat black
Baja pegs- powder coated in flat black
Xenon headlight bulb
Alba Silver Carbon Fiber CT sprocket cover
Alba Carbon Fiber radiator shrouds
Custom mounted Odyssey PC545 battery (New)
Custom Cascade seat cover with gel pad (very nice!)
Custom Dash Mounted Sun-pro Gauges (w/ custom key relocation mount) Oil pressure & Water Temp. (looks super clean)
23x10.5x12 Hauler extremes & 23x8.5x12 Smooth Buffs -
Both mounted on Douglas 12 inch billet wheels
22x11x9 Razr's & 21x8x10 Razr's-
Both mounted on ITP baja reinforced rims
22x12x10 ITP Spider trac's mounted on Douglas wheels

I am thinking $5,000 for the quad as it sits. I will sell the dune tire and the spider trac's for an additional 300?

Does this price seem fair to you guys? Should I ask more/less? I know I could make pretty good money by parting her out (as long as there is a buyer for the motor) but I would prefer to not have that hassle.

Thanks to this forum, over the last 7 years i have met some amazing people! There is a wealth of information here, and everyone is more than willing to help (whether it is via a keyboard, or out on the trail!)

I hope to get a new quad when I get that "career" thing everyone tells me is suppose to come after this over-priced "college" thing!

Thanks!!

Mike (r00st)

Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

wow dude if i had the 5k. . . . that bike would be in my garage like nnnnow trade ya my 03 for it =] hahahahahaha

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Mike, You have a PM.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I know aftermarket built quads are not worth much, but I know they are worth a lot more to buyers who know what it is! One friend of mine suggested selling it off to a dealership! I said hell no, as a dealership would see it as a stock quads value, and probably offer me at MOST 2,000 bones for her! There is just SO Much invovled with this quad! Its not just little bolt on stuff, there really isnt all that much that is untouched on her!

I am checking my pm's now.