Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ITP wetlands review, your opinion needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP wetlands review, your opinion needed!

The one bike had the ITP 589's, 26x12's (rear diff) and C rims. The bike beside it had Mudlites but I did not go over to see what size.

One machine appeared to be well kept while the other was abused. As long as you stay away from the really wide tires you won't break anything

I have been to a few Polaris dealers to try to get a set of PXT take-offs, which are the same as the Ducks Unlimited tire. No one has any because the tires are working that good.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

The tires I ultimately chose for my 05 Kodiak 400 seem to run small in the height department. I wanted to use stock rim width on the front so I did something kinda bizzare. I used Douglas Red label rims on the front and ITP type 6 rear. I ordered Ducks Unlimited wetlands by ITP AKA Carlisle ACT AKA Polaris PXT (from the 2005 Sportsman). Sizes I chose are 26x8-12 and 26x10-12. These tires are also used on the 05 Bombardier Outlander with the XT package. This is all on order. I'll keep ya posted....!!

Available Here.
http://www.tirewiz.com/atv_tires/du_wetlands.html
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/Carlisle_ACT_radial.htm

I'm buying mine from Mathew at atvoutfitters.net His prices and reputation are the best. He does whatever it takes, within reason anyways. He is kinda special ordering them for me as you have to have a "Tucker Rocky" dealer account to get them under the wetlands name. YMMV but insofar as I am concerned these are the best all-around tires for a utility atv. The only 2 things I've heard is that they may wear slightly faster than the Maxxis Bighorns (My 2nd Choice), and they might not be the best in snow. I still feel they are the best all-around tire I could find.

Reviewed Here.

http://www.atvwild.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=815

If I was going to get a bias ply tire for mud I would get the Bridgestone Mudhook Xxtremes. Hope this helps.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have run mine a little now and have been very impressed. They seem to do a litle better in the drifted snow than my mud lites and they ride better than the mud lites. Have not had any mud to try yet but I think they will be fair in the mud.