Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Wal-Mart (Victor brand)Tire Sealant?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the Victor Brand tire sealant in my rear tires due to a slow leak around the beads. It has been in for about 5 days now with good luck! I was surprised that there was no wobble or anything. I thought they would be off balance for a bit but not one shake. I drove it around for 5 miles like the directions on the bottle advised too.

Just thougth I would let ya'll know. Not a bad investment for 5 bucks a bottle, 1/2 the price of tire slime.

If Wal-Mart ain't got it, you don't need it!!

------------------
Gap Arrington Dickson TN Honda ForemanES "and Yeller at that!"

Old 01-05-2000, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

I don't like the aresol tire fixes, I used that, and slime, and like slime a lot more. slime comes off with water, so I don't think it will ruin your rims. The fix a flat stuff inflates your tire, and seems to fill it with glue. The stuff don't seem to work as good as slime, leaking after about a month and would make it a real hassle to change the tires later. I have used slime in many tires now, and it worked on all so far. If the beads are properly set and you cant' find any nails or holes, slime will work, but remember the tire pressure will change slightly with the changes in the seasons.

Old 01-05-2000, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have used Fix-a-flat in a old atv and when i rode inn water it made the stuff break down and bubble out the hole...i have a slow leak in mr rear left and im consdering slime. Im have never used slime or victor brand tire sealents...is it a sealent or does it take the place of air in your tire. And i ride in mud and water alot and will it stand up?

------------------

Old 01-07-2000, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

Victor Tire Sealant is basically the same stuff as Tire Slime, but cheaper! HEHE It is not aresol based. It is not like fix-a-flat. It is this gooey crap in a plastic bottle that coats the inside of you tire with a thin coat of itself that seals any leaks or holes up to 1/4" <--- I think. It remains plyable and adhered(is that a word?, if your a hick I guess it is!) to the inner side of your tire.

You pull the valve out of the valve stem and squirt it in then air the tire back up to the appropriate pressure. The directions on the bottle say to drive for 5 miles then to evenly distribute the slime/selant.

What really amazed me was there was no wobble or unbalanced feel to the tire when driven. The first time or ever so far. I recommend it. $5.00 bucks a tire I think well spent to virtually gaurantee no leaks unless you unseat the bead.

Good luck boys!

------------------
Gap Arrington Dickson TN Honda ForemanES "and Yeller at that!"

Old 03-06-2000, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

The fix-a-flat is the one that will eat the wheel not shure about other ones but i would make shure it would say WILL NOT HARM WHEELS OR TIRES our dealer said that the water base stuff is ok I do know that some stuff they put in our tire at sears did not work as good as slime and when i washed it out of thre tire it had lots of strands of fiber.

Old 03-10-2000, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

I had tried two different off brand liquid sealants on a quad and a tractor and neither worked well. I just picked up Slime at Quality Farm & Fleet for my new XT's. It was $11.99 for a 32oz. bottle(thats 6 bucks a tire). They even had the gallon size for $38.99, thats even cheaper per tire.

Old 03-13-2000, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

there is something that no one has brought up yet: this stuff freezes up below 20 degrees, other then that no probs yet, ive hgad it in my tires for 6 months now

Old 03-13-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

Does it freeze or "Gel Up?"
I used the honda equivalant to slime many years ago in my old '88 TRX125. It would Gel up and make the tires out of balance when it was cold, but after a few minutes of riding it would work it's self out.