Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

sand lake this weekend ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sand lake this weekend ?

Hey is anyone going to be there. Just wondering maybe we could meet up or something.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

I avoid that place like the Plauge. I swear it's fuggin cursed. Every single time I've gone something bad happened. First time there I was in my truck playing down at the second bowl after like 4 or 5 times up the hill I jumped out to take a picture of this guy in a bronco who go stuck sideways (thought he was gonna roll it) and I noticed my tranny was puking ATF all over the sand. Second time some jackass who didn't have a spotter came flying off a jump and slammed into my buddy. Trashed the front of Dustins bike and we had to take him to the hospital with 2 broken arms. Third time another idiot ran a red light as we were coming through Tillamook and he bashed into the side of my buddys truck. 3rd time was it for me, I vowed never to go back.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

LOL damn that sucks. Sorry about it though. I personally dont really like sandlake, simply cuz it gets kinda boring, but its the closest of the oregon dunes to me. And god knows Im not going to that hell hole moses lake.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

I've never been to Moses lake. A friend of mine wants to go check it out but from your last post I'm thinking it might be a waste of time. Does it suck that bad? And why?

Old 07-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe I'll be there Sunday, but I doubt it. I go about once a week, but I almost always go on week days, its just too crowded for me on the weekends. I always park at Derrick, and I drive a red Ford Ranger.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Treeshot
I've never been to Moses lake. A friend of mine wants to go check it out but from your last post I'm thinking it might be a waste of time. Does it suck that bad? And why?
Don't waste your time going to Moses Lake. You live in Oregon and are closer to Sandlake, etc. than Moses Lake. Moses is a place us Washingtonians go when we don't feel like driving the extra couple hours to Oregon dune areas. It is dirty, dusty, and not maintained, no paved parking like in Oregon. After a big holiday weekend there is trash all over the place. The only thing it is good for is jumping, if you like to jump your quad there are plenty of 20-30 foot hills with a lip on the top to catch planty of air.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

sandlake is great for beginners, but it has no challenges for experienced riders... I really love the atmoshpere there, but it is boring after a couple of hours. plus it gets so busy, that the sand is way too rough sometimes.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I agree with poorwytboy - washington dunes are pretty much for the local moses lake boys and parties. That place gets CRAZY on holiday weekends. Not worth your time I you live in oregon though.

Old 07-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

I like jumping my bike but it would get boring if thats all there was to do. Plus I'm not far from the dunes here in Oregon and I know them fairly well so finding jumps here isn't a problem. I think if I go anywhere else it would be to St. Anthonys.