Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

WTF happened at Pismo?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004 | 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Default WTF happened at Pismo?????

Originally posted by: DrDune
Originally posted by: DSengineer
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
pismo year passes are now 50 bucks too...i tell ya...were getting F*CKED over
Sand Mtn NV - $50 year/$20 for the week. $50 sounds pretty reasonable considering all state park fees went up considerably last year. You can thank Grey Davis for that.
I believe that was Arnold who raised the price of all state parks my freind .... that was to compensate for the failed car registration price hike ..... and since when did California Govenors affect prices in Nevada?
Yeah but who bankrupted the state and got us into this mess in the first place. THat would be Grey Davis. I would much rather be paying a few more dollars to enter a state park than having my car registration doubled by Grey. Sand Mtn NV was only listed to provide a comparison to what is now being charged at Pismo and everyone seems to be crying about. I don't see $50/year being unreasonable when your other option could have been taking out a loan just to pay your car registration.

Old 11-04-2004 | 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

i see no issue with paying $50 a year. i figure that if i can afford a $7,000 bike and maintain it, then i can afford 50 bucks to ride it. not to mention that the old $20 pass would have more than payed for itself in less than 2 weeks last summer, for me at least. but what's this about them enforcing the sound laws? i knew that they were supposedly gonna have a testing site at the race but i didn't see one, and where exactly would the testing site be??? i think all they would do is warn you that ur bike sounds loud. what's up with the drags bein closed?

Old 11-04-2004 | 02:24 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

They were actually handing out tickets, the rangers on the quads and the sandrails are carrying decible meters on them. Sucks huh.

Old 11-04-2004 | 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

son of a b!tch man. luckily none of my bikes r too loud, but even still. i love seen (and hearin) the drag bikes. will they give u a ticket if ur too loud and ur racing at the drags as well? i hope not, those drag bikes r half the fun of pismo.

Old 11-04-2004 | 08:18 PM
Range Rover

i think draggin is cool it is just the loud pipes they are after.

Old 11-04-2004 | 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSengineer
Yeah but who bankrupted the state and got us into this mess in the first place. THat would be Grey Davis. I would much rather be paying a few more dollars to enter a state park than having my car registration doubled by Grey. Sand Mtn NV was only listed to provide a comparison to what is now being charged at Pismo and everyone seems to be crying about. I don't see $50/year being unreasonable when your other option could have been taking out a loan just to pay your car registration.[/quote]

Actually it was Enron and special intrest groups that almost bankrupted CA .... when they were selling energy at 3-10 time the actual cost ... and if you remember the car registration hike was only a one time deal for old cars and 3 years on any new car purchases, and that was it. a surplus for the state but californias choose otherwise, now as the state seeks funds from everywhere, the compalints are starting up again. When if you all would have stuck to the plan it would have been over by now, unless your buying a new car, but if your buying a new car you can get the dealer to pay tha extra 3 bills, but that acient history. Now every state run program will hike prices up..... good luck

Old 11-04-2004 | 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

raptorowner-Here in Oregon we have to live with a 93 decibel limit at the dunes and the enforcement of the law is totally sporadic and seems to vary depending on who is on duty at the time.At times the rangers will check people in the parking area which means they are doing a sound check in an area where the sound levels will be higher due to the fact that sound waves are bouncing off of everything including toy haulers and vehicles.One word of advice if you are forced to go through a sound check, do not let them perform it in an area as i described above because it is almost impossible to pass.

Old 11-04-2004 | 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

I personally dont have a problem with the loud pipe enforcement. I dont like them myself and they hurt the sport. I think alot of the price increases have to deal with the greenies endless lawsuits. The liberal nutcases here in Ca are not helping the state financially at all.

Old 11-05-2004 | 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

the only problem i have with loud pipes is when people come flyin by ur campsite with the throttle pinned, but once ur out in the dunes i like it. with loud pipes u can tell if there's somebody else around and then u know to be careful and watch out even more than normal.

Old 11-05-2004 | 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

7 nights reservations at Pismo = $77.50... OUCH! It went from $6.00/night to $10.00/night..... we're gonna have to start camping on Beech's front lawn.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: WTF happened at Pismo?????